Cat shelters/ new homes for cats

Where is the best place to take a cat to be rehomed? i know you cannot just turn up with cats to a shelter but this is an emergency. thanks

If it is an emergency, are there relatives, friends, or neighbours who can help? It's very unlikely that any of the Shelters will be able to help at such short notice. Most have a waiting list of months, not days. Just to give you an idea of the extent of the problem...in just one day, the typical volume of requests for help can be as many as 15 - 20 (not exagerating) calls a day. Not just one cat per call either. Multiple cat households all unspeyed & uneutered, cats abandoned with no food or shelter, queens & kittens just left defenceless where they have birthed. The volume is overwhelming & all Shelters & Rehoming Groups are struggling to help even the most urgent callers.

Please do what you can to rehome your cat through networking people you know, using Websites such as I need a home, use vet noticeboards etc

wouldnt be asking if there was anyone who could help, thanks for your reply x

wouldnt be asking if there was anyone who could help, thanks for your reply x

why not elaborate on the situation - there are some lovely folk on here who will do everything in their power to help someone in the event of an emergency - just a thought!

I would normally take on emergency fosters, but I had a litter of 6 day old kittens arrive for hand rearing last night, so I'm afraid I just won't have time to take on other fosters for the next few weeks.

going through a break up and have had to leave our once family home. We are both now living in places that wont allow pets and are both devastated. These pets were our everything and we cant give them the home they need and deserve. If anyone can help it would be amazing. they are geniunely so loving and well behaved and have been doted on from day one. a boy, 1 year, a girl 2 years old, Both vaccinated, neutured and in great health. xx :(

going through a break up and have had to leave our once family home. We are both now living in places that wont allow pets and are both devastated. These pets were our everything and we cant give them the home they need and deserve. If anyone can help it would be amazing. they are geniunely so loving and well behaved and have been doted on from day one. a boy, 1 year, a girl 2 years old, Both vaccinated, neutured and in great health. xx :(

Can you pay for someone to look after them until you get sorted elsewhere? Just a thought. I know someone who has done this, hence the suggestion.