Clegg is a more popular leader than Miliband

I trust Ed Miliband Ed Balls to make the right decisions about the economy  

38 members have voted

1. 1. I trust Ed Miliband Ed Balls to make the right decisions about the economy

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Who'd have thunk it? The pollsters have Miliband on 18%, Clegg on 22%.

There's not much for Labour to get excited about on the economy either with more than half saying that they would trust Ed Miliband and Ed Balls to make the right decisions about the economy.

http://www.comres.co.uk/poll/652/sunday-mirrorindependent-on-sunday-political-poll.htm

Overall it seems that most politicians are leaving people cold.

Guest sibon
Who'd have thunk it? The pollsters have Miliband on 18%, Clegg on 22%.

There's not much for Labour to get excited about on the economy either with more than half saying that they would trust Ed Miliband and Ed Balls to make the right decisions about the economy.

http://www.comres.co.uk/poll/652/sunday-mirrorindependent-on-sunday-political-poll.htm

Dangerous things statistics.

Most opinion polls are accurate to roughly +/- 3%. So this data doesn't show that Clegg is more popular than Milliband.

In any case, you might want to look at the "disagree" figures:wink:

The entire poll ought to depress the life out of our political masters. They really must do better.

Dangerous things statistics.

Most opinion polls are accurate to roughly +/- 3%. So this data doesn't show that Clegg is more popular than Milliband.

I couldn't aree more but what the poll does tell you is both are about as popular as leprosy. The difference between them is only one of them will be going into the next election as a prospective Prime Minister.

Guest sibon
I couldn't aree more but what the poll does tell you is both are about as popular as leprosy. The difference between them is only one of them will be going into the next election as a prospective Prime Minister.

Cameron's rating is only 29%. They should all be concerned by this, surely.

I think it runs much deeper than voter apathy. I don't think that people believe that politicians have the power to change things anymore.

Maybe they aren't different enough.

I read in another poll that leprosy is more popular than Miliband.

I read in another poll that leprosy is more popular than Miliband.

Might be a plan there for him to increase his popularity.

That's it in a nutshell.

I think it runs much deeper than voter apathy. I don't think that people believe that politicians have the power to change things anymore.

Maybe it's not so much that they don't have the power to change things, more that they are all seen to lack any inclination to serve the common good over their own interests / lust for power.

I would rather turn in my British passport (which is 9 years out of date anyway) than vote Labour!

I love PMQ's, Balls face doesn't agree with his forced actions, he knows he's lying most of the time and is very very concious about it, even seeks advice on it over pillow talk, reassured he's lying for the right reasons... His memoirs will be interesting, not a great read read, but interesting.

All Politicians are the same IMO, all out for themselves, stuff the people who actually voted them in, until they want summat at least.

It states on that poll that 1 in 4 people trust Cameron & Osborne with the economy, and 1 in 5 would trust Miliband & Balls.

:(

Im gobsmacked. Sometimes i think Jim Grahams signature is on the money...