Bath Hotel Sheffield

To be renamed Brewkitchen@TheBath. ?

Next it`ll be Dev Cat becoming the Derbyshire Cat!

Like others have said, I also like it when Thornbridge turn run down boozers around but that`s Stag, Beauchief and Bath in the last couple of months! They`ll double the price of food and add 50p onto a pint as their first move. :mad:

Edited by jemson

Hmmmmmm, Another Thronbridge pub, yaaaaawn!!!!They must have made millions lol! Three establishments in a month how? Shhh Quick get rid of the a4e gains before anybody notices! Although the beauchief is brewkitchen is it not? Same director though! Forgive me for being über suspicious just seems a bit odd that's all

Am I missing something? I've never had a good pint in the Bath Hotel maybe i've just been unlucky but they always seem to have a questionable beer selection from suspect breweries i've never heard of. When I say never heard of I don't mean quirky little micro breweries that are producing something interesting I mean some guy brewing some usually bland and weak beer in his bath tub (probably not in a bath tub but you get the picture). What is with all the Thornbridge bashing and the A4e link she isn't the director its her husband. If I had a choice of a range of suspect beers or a range of Thornbridge beers then I would choose something I know which will be good any day of the week.

Am I missing something? I've never had a good pint in the Bath Hotel maybe i've just been unlucky but they always seem to have a questionable beer selection from suspect breweries i've never heard of. When I say never heard of I don't mean quirky little micro breweries that are producing something interesting I mean some guy brewing some usually bland and weak beer in his bath tub (probably not in a bath tub but you get the picture). What is with all the Thornbridge bashing and the A4e link she isn't the director its her husband. If I had a choice of a range of suspect beers or a range of Thornbridge beers then I would choose something I know which will be good any day of the week.

I'm glad it's not just me.

Regards

Doom

I was not referring too the quality of the beer! it,s very good, just questioning the morality that's all!

Disappointed by this. I don't mind Thornbridge beer and I often go in the Hallamshire House but I liked the Bath the way it was.

Tut tut tut if you are going to rubbish somebody's post at least pick the correct piece of evidence to back it up! If you or they had spent a little longer looking Jim Harrison has 24 companies he is a director or secretary of. The 2 companies that relate to the brewery are Thornbridge Taps limited and the Thornbridge Hall country house brewing company limited neither of which have Emma Harrison as a director. If you don't believe me use he link and have a look for yourself!

Kirkbyb is right actually! It,s where the funds may have come from that makes me feel a little uncomfortable not the product, not the brewery jusT three pubs in a month it,s a bit weird timescale wise right?

Sounds like a great way to scrub clean and spin dry some cash!

Tut tut tut if you are going to rubbish somebody's post at least pick the correct piece of evidence to back it up! If you or they had spent a little longer looking Jim Harrison has 24 companies he is a director or secretary of. The 2 companies that relate to the brewery are Thornbridge Taps limited and the Thornbridge Hall country house brewing company limited neither of which have Emma Harrison as a director. If you don't believe me use he link and have a look for yourself!

The link is to a property company called Thornbridge Ltd, not the brewery. Which company runs the pubs?

Edited by PeteM01

Most businesses tend to borrow their money from banks and we all know what paragons of virtue they are. :roll:

Making risky investments, paying themselves massive bonuses and then when it all goes belly up getting us the tax payer to bail them out for billions.

At least the Harrisons are investing their money in local businesses creating local jobs. I'd much rather they invest their money in ventures like Thornbridge Brewery, A4e etc employing Sheffield people (one of my mates works for A4e), rather than sit on their money or invest it all down South creating jobs down there.

Now back on topic....The Bath Hotel and what they intend doing with it...

Regards

Doom