Sign in to follow this  

Internet expenses are they too high

I can't understand why my wifes extended in U.K doesn't have P.Cs ,because of high internet cost. This makes me very nervous in e-mailing anyone with P.A Y.G.

Originally posted by flyer

I can't understand why my wifes extended in U.K doesn't have P.Cs ,because of high internet cost. This makes me very nervous in e-mailing anyone with P.A Y.G.

Do you want to ask that again? It doesn't make any sense! :)

could he mean "my wifes EXTENSION in UK" ??

Have I the wrong word extended ,as in extended family i.e lots of little kids.P.A.Y.G= pay as you go.In Canada most children get unlimited internet at very low cost ,(about 7 pds for 2GB per month).My wife talks to her sisters on the phone for about 2pds an hour.For me the cost is nothing I just don't want to run up a bill for anyone in the U.K.

Have I the wrong word extended ,as in extended family i.e lots of little kids.P.A.Y.G= pay as you go.In Canada most children get unlimited internet at very low cost ,(about 7 pds for 2GB per month).My wife talks to her sisters on the phone for about 2pds an hour.For me the cost is nothing I just don't want to run up a bill for anyone in the U.K.

Oh, I see what you mean now :) . For those who don't have broadband, PAYG (I think you mean what is refered to as dial-up in the UK) costs several pence per minute after 6pm. It's more expensive during the day (peak times).

The other option is broadband, and this is a minefield of different options from multitudinous companies. Some offer unlimited access (ie no download limit), while others put limitations on downloads, rather like you mentioned in your post. It starts from around £15 per month (I think).

I'm not an expert, but I don't think broadband is too expensive. You just need to shop around for the best deal to suit the user. I spend far too much time on the computer to be with dial-up (plus, it's soooooo slooooooow; I'm far too impatient!).

All is clear ,Thank you