Abandoned van in front of my house

somebody has no claim on the area just outside their house at all. Get used to it. Wasting police time by ringing them up continually about it won't help. Why not call the police up to complain if they get the topping wrong on your next pizza delivery as well - you'll have considerably more grounds for complaint.

Disturbing the pizza :D

if there was a van parked just outside where I live, yes I probably would ring the police up about it after about a week if it hadn't moved once during that time. But not because I felt that I was some sort of victim, just because it occupied a space where I might want to park my car.

I'd do it because I'd know the driver might have died, gone missing, been hospitalised, etc and that was why it had been abandoned, and his family or the authorities might want to know where the vehicle was.

Edited by callippo

if there was a van parked just outside where I live, yes I probably would ring the police up about it after about a week if it hadn't moved once during that time. But not because I felt that I was some sort of victim, just because it occupied a space where I might want to park my car.

I'd do it because I'd know the driver might have died, gone missing, been hospitalised, etc and that was why it had been abandoned, and his family or the authorities might want to know where the vehicle was.

Anything is possible.

Someone from few miles away parks van on your road to go on holliday with friends on your road for few weeks (even few months could be possible).

Someone is harrased by debt collectors few roads further and puts van on your road to keep it safe from them, not using van and moves away for a while.

Many more things, positive, negative are possible. If you don't know just be honest and say, I don't know and if you want to know anyway start a honest investigation and be ready for any surprises.