John Burkhill Needs You Help

Who is he?.............

He's the guy you see with the funny wig and pram walking all over Sheffield no matter what the weathers doing he's out raising money for Macmillon nurses

Never mind the wheels, couldn't we collect to get him a newer pram? People are always selling baby stuff on here ... maybe someone has a similar one for sale.

I'd chuck a tenner in ...

It would be even better if we got the pram free and we all chucked a tenner in his bucket.

It would be even better if we got the pram free and we all chucked a tenner in his bucket.
Ok, maybe someone selling a similar pram will see this thread and donate their old pram? WIN!

Last time he was around my neck of the woods, some idiots had nicked his windmills so I gave him replacements, as well as chucking money in. He's a really good person and deserves his moment of glory carrying the torch.

Never mind the wheels, couldn't we collect to get him a newer pram? People are always selling baby stuff on here ... maybe someone has a similar one for sale.

I'd chuck a tenner in ...

yes it would be great but he wants to keep the same pram as it is the first one he has started with hes been called worse than a fruitcake lol

It seems to me that he is a bit of a fruitcake.:)

He's one of the nicest people I've ever met. He has a heart of gold and is so selfless. When he found out he had been chosen to carry the Olympic torch after all the petitioning, he decided he would pay the people of Sheffield back by walking. He really didn't need to thank anyone, we should thank him for what he does. I really can't sing his Praises any more! He is one of a kind and an absolute legend if you ask me. He may seem to you like a fruitcake but he does it all for a great cause. How many other people can we say that of?

He is amazing!! A real hero!! We are currently collecting money for his torch at Fir Vale Dental centre. If anyone fancies donating, feel free to pop in!! We collected hundreds of signatures for the petition for the torch bearer. He is our favourite visitor!! Bless him!

When I spoke to him last week, he said that someone had paid for his torch for him, already.

Maybe the money that the dental practice raises could be given to the Macmillan nurses charity which John is collecting for?

It seems to me that he is a bit of a fruitcake.:)

It's a funny old world we live in when someone who dedicates his life to helping others is deemed a fruitcate.

When I spoke to him last week, he said that someone had paid for his torch for him, already.
The torchbearers have to pay for their own torches? Jeeze, what are things coming to in this country!

I don't believe it! :o

ETA: only if they want to keep them ... although what use they'd be to anyone else? Can you imagine the Government trying to flog them on to the next hosts at bargain price? Only used once ...

Edited by rubydazzler

The torchbearers have to pay for their own torches? Jeeze, what are things coming to in this country!

I don't believe it! :o

ETA: only if they want to keep them ... although what use they'd be to anyone else? Can you imagine the Government trying to flog them on to the next hosts at bargain price? Only used once ...

oh yes, Ruby. They pay £199.00 for the privilege. An absolute BARGAIN, eh? robbin' so and so's.

oh yes, Ruby. They pay £199.00 for the privilege. An absolute BARGAIN, eh? robbin' so and so's.
... and extra for the stand! Don't forget the extra for the stand!! *shakes head*

... and extra for the stand! Don't forget the extra for the stand!! *shakes head*

that's disgusting. It's like selling a sofa, and telling the buyer that if they want the fabric, then that's extra!

(I didn't realise the stand was extra. Maybe they thing the buyer will want to recreate their 300- metre run 24/7 and just stand like the statue of liberty all day holding it! )