Name of doctor 1980's woodhouse

can anyone help with the name of the doctor who had a surgery in the big house next to woodhouse central club at woodhouse please?

A 1970s directory shows Dr G.R.F. Burrow at 4 Beighton Road, Woodhouse.

No doctor burrows surgery was opposite the church which is now tithe barn gym.

Now I'm confused. The directory entry (click here) shows Dr Burrow next door to Woodhouse Central Club. But I'm not familiar with the area, being from t' other side o' town...;)

I thought Dr Burrows lived there. Dr Androwski (sp)? was on Station Road Dr Rooney Church street.

can anyone help with the name of the doctor who had a surgery in the big house next to woodhouse central club at woodhouse please?

Im sure there was a Doctor Andreoski or something similar to that name there. :)

It was definitely Dr Burrows - he was my GP from the 1960's until the health centre opened next to the library.

If you mean the one on Church Street that was Dr Rooneys I know because that was my Dr.

Dr Rooney was on Church Lane and the old church next to the Co-op which used to be Andersons was the baby clinic.

Dr Rooney was on Church Lane and the old church next to the Co-op which used to be Andersons was the baby clinic.

That's it Church lane not Church Street been there enough times must be my memory failing me.:hihi:

Now I'm confused. The directory entry (click here) shows Dr Burrow next door to Woodhouse Central Club. But I'm not familiar with the area, being from t' other side o' town...;)

You were right Hilly. This is No. 4 Beighton Road. Until five or six years ago Dr Burrow's name plate could still be seen on the left hand gate (there is a Beware of the Dogs sign there now).

The building on the left of the picture is the Balmoral Nursing Home which stands where the Woodhouse Central club used to be.