Can we influence Pakistan?

No it doesn't. Pakistan claims that Save The Children introduced a doctor to the CIA to run a bogus hepatitis B campaign through which it tried to get people's DNA to compare with Bin Laden's DNA in an effort to find him. That doesn't prove Pakistan was harbouring Bin laden, just that Pakistan thinks the USA were using a charity to find him.

So the fact that bin Laden's house was 400 yards away from a military barracks, which they claim had no knowledge of him being there, and the fact there were few other dwellings in the location, it can't be classed as harbouring an internationally wanted criminal? So why has Pakistan got the mardy on then?

I have a number of Pakistani acquaintances who live in Pakistan. They are nothing like the Pakistani low-life who commit such horrendous crimes against their families in the UK.

I also know a number of 'better educated' Pakistanis in the UK [and here in the US] they too are nothing like the trash who commit those crimes in the UK.

It's not the fault of the Pakistani people that there are large numbers of poorly-educated, poorly-assimilated people in the UK. - Blame that on the last government which brought them in, told them they could do what the hell they liked, made no attempt to assimilate them and then wondered why they behaved like uncivilised chavs.

Do you really think the Pakistani government sent their best and brightest to do menial work in the UK?

Yes there is a very nice side to Pakistan, it is near where bin Laden was seemingly found, lovely houses and everything, infact being in the city looks like being in Paris or sweden or modern housing estates we have over here but this has reminded me of a story I read a few years ago when a man did the same thing, he was caught and he was charged and his punishment was to have it dropped in to his eye but astonishingly the woman forgave him and he was let off without punishment...

Edited by Scare

So the fact that bin Laden's house was 400 yards away from a military barracks, which they claim had no knowledge of him being there, and the fact there were few other dwellings in the location, it can't be classed as harbouring an internationally wanted criminal? So why has Pakistan got the mardy on then?

Just because he was hiding 400 yards from a military barracks doesn't mean they were harbouring him. If they were they weren't doing a good job as the US army dropped in and killed him. Why didn't the troops at the barracks protect him if they knew he was there?

Pakistan doesn't have the strong state that we have. There are parts of the army and security services that are semi-autonomous, hostile even to the idea of a democtatic government. Parts of the army and secret services may have known he was there. Part of the government may have known but in a society like that where there are many competing loyalties the complicity of some of Pakistan's state in hiding Bin laden doesn't necessarily prove a general complicity.

I apologise if my refusal to issue a blanket condemnation of an Islamic state disappoints you.

Probably the time has come to bomb Pakistan and get rid of the Taliban and immigration.

No it doesn't. Pakistan claims that Save The Children introduced a doctor to the CIA to run a bogus hepatitis B campaign through which it tried to get people's DNA to compare with Bin Laden's DNA in an effort to find him. That doesn't prove Pakistan was harbouring Bin laden, just that Pakistan thinks the USA were using a charity to find him.

so why would that bother them?

It may be a relaxing spiritual nation, but it isn't the nation who dedicated these violations. It is people, just as every nation has thieves.

You should look into Pakistan more, their government is corrupt, do you know that they secretly condone civilian deaths caused by drone strikes.. They publicly support the civilians who demonstrate in public while secretly condoning them..