Sign in to follow this  

Help with raising money for treatment abroad..

Hi was wondering if anyone can help me, I am a long term sufferer of motor neurons.

And last 4 year have spent my time researching ways to ease my symptoms or even slow the progression down.

I finally found out about a treatment the other day, known as stem cell treatment.....

Check link for more info on my condition and the treatment I am wanting to have.

http://worldstemcells.com/stem-cell-news-2-23-2012?doing_wp_cron

I have already contacted the clinic which is in mexico and had a email back off Dr Kadish. And found out the treatment is $15000 which is I think 9440 pound in uk pounds.

My friends have offered to help me raise the funds, as I have no family to turn to for support or help with this.

The only problem is where to start, we all agreed we need to apply for sponsorship, grants and fundraisers.

I haven't a clue of any laws or rules we have to abide to, do we have to register it like a chairty.

I wouldn't look to this as a solution if I had any other way, after 10 years of pain , being pumped full of morphine and crap, losing the ability to weight bare making walking a no no. Months of neuro rehab and time away from my kids for me to come out of hospital.

To find I am only entitled to physio once a week unless I am a stroke patient.

Which then means with my condition being progressive, and not having the services that the rehab becomes a waist of time. I don't let the wheelchair stop me don't get me wrong.

I horse ride weekends with my daughter and do what I can, when I am able to.

I would give anything to enjoy things like I used to and to just walk my kids to school.

Knowing there is a chance I could do that, I can't just sit here and say this is it.

I have to find a way to make it happen, besides I have nothing to lose really,

There is no cures and I know this treatment is not one, but it does repair and reverse the effects of my symptoms. I have been in touch with quiet a few of the patients from this clinic and some live in the uk and have spoken highly of its effects.

I would appreciate any advice offered with regards to raising money. thanks muchly.