Positive Affirmation

The original Intention was a suggested exercise open to anyone to try, the idea of debating the validity of positive affirmations didn't enter my mind at this stage. I would have anticipated debate being followed by trial ?

There is no element of fraud involved here, the method worked for me and the whole idea of sharing this information is to allow others to experiment and make their own conclusions.

The affirmation exercise is largely dependent on a person already possessing an element of positivity about life, I would imagine there would be no results at all from negative, argumental types. The exercise is aimed at people who have a sufficient level of wisdom and maturity and above all, an open mind. If this doesn't appeal to you then that's fine, there is no fee or contract, it's simply an offer to take part in an experiment to ascertain the potential of positive affirmations in ones life. I hope this answers your question and that you may now be at peace.

I didn't saying your techniques were a fraud, I said you were.

However, I was merely pointing out that you contradicted your own teachings. I did put a wink smiley (;)) to indicate that I was only jesting though, which was what I was doing :)

I am at peace thanks, hope you are :)

Not everything posted on Sheffield Forum requires debate

It's a good job as I've sent you a series of questions (at your own request) and made points in reply to another of your posts both of which you have completely ignored.

That, of course, is your perogotive but it would help spread the 'peace and love' of you were kind enough to at least acknowledge that you have no intention of responding rather than kust ignoring them.

"health, wealth and happiness surround me"

I did this some time ago and it worked, everyone round me became healthy, wealthy and happy, imagine how miserable that has made me with all this health, wealth and happiness surrounding me, whilst I am still poor, ill and unhappy.:(

There might be a little truth in what you say.

Smile at others and they will smile back and that.

Yes and then their very large boy friend smacks you in the mouth and makes you miserable again.

I believe Fresno to be a place name, this has no relative connection to my post. I'm a little confused, do you believe that the word no should be eradicated from common grammar in order to promote positivity?

Why not? - When I was a child, 'gay' meant 'happy' 'invigorated' 'full of life'.

By the time I was a teen. it meant (and I am using the worst possible words here) 'shirt lifter' 'turd burglar'.

I had a few friends who might possibly have been homosexual. - I lived in a place in which homosexuality was totally illegal (until quite recently) but [and you'd have to understand how we think to understand this] it didn't apply, because nobody was actually homosexual.:hihi::hihi: - Homosexuality was illegal and one's friends were one's friends, so they couldn't possible be homosexual.

Nobody had to bother about 'coming out' because they were all your friends ...I lived in a very civilised society.

It was life. It is the way we are.

The affirmation is written clearly in quotation marks (") the connection that you have attempted to make is very strange, maybe this exercise isn't for you, that's not a bad thing, it undeniably wouldn't be resonate with everyone.

FresNO FresYES? - grow a sense of Humour!

Do you know the story about La Jolla?

A pair of Brits (both of whom were a little 'light in their loafers'(I put that in to wind you up :)) were driving down 66.

They'd had a hard night (far too much beer) on Central in Albuquerque, left eartly, headed West and - by the time they were approaching La Jolla were barely on speaking terms.

One said: "40 Miles to La Joller" The other said: "Don't be an arsehole, it's 'La Hoya' "

The argument raged for 30 miles.

"La Joller"

"La Hoya"

Eventually they reached an agreement:

"The FIRST place we get to in this town - the VERY FIRST Place - we stop and we ask them. We go with the answer."

"OK"

They get there . They pull into the first place they see and one of them (the loud-mouthed one) says:

TELL ME. TELL ME VERY SLOWLY AND VERY CAREFULLY.

HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE THE NAME OF THIS PLACE?

THE MAN SAYS:

BURR::GER:: KING

I've done my bit.

WTF is 'Positive Affirmation'?

I won't be debating this exercise, if you are questioning it and don't understand it, then it's not for you. I understood completely during posting this exercise that opposition and trolling was inevitable. I decided to take an impartial stance, a non- argumentative one in order not to tarnish the original message. If debate is required I would imagine it would have occurred post exercise with testimony accompanied...?

Please dont expect any more comments by me on this subject. I do welcome comments from genuine people who have tried it for a week. The hardcore element of very negative forum contributes will never destroy my eternal light that is carried in the name of Universal peace & love, try as you will I can and will always forgive you and empathize with your lesser level of consciousness on such subjects as positive affirmations. If you have questions regarding positive affirmations, please select the link below.

http://www.google.co.uk

Edited by rfs-001

Why not? - When I was a child, 'gay' meant 'happy' 'invigorated' 'full of life'.

By the time I was a teen. it meant (and I am using the worst possible words here) 'shirt lifter' 'turd burglar'.

I had a few friends who might possibly have been homosexual. - I lived in a place in which homosexuality was totally illegal (until quite recently) but [and you'd have to understand how we think to understand this] it didn't apply, because nobody was actually homosexual.:hihi::hihi: - Homosexuality was illegal and one's friends were one's friends, so they couldn't possible be homosexual.

Nobody had to bother about 'coming out' because they were all your friends ...I lived in a very civilised society.

It was life. It is the way we are.

FresNO FresYES? - grow a sense of Humour!

Do you know the story about La Jolla?

A pair of Brits (both of whom were a little 'light in their loafers'(I put that in to wind you up :)) were driving down 66.

They'd had a hard night (far too much beer) on Central in Albuquerque, left eartly, headed West and - by the time they were approaching La Jolla were barely on speaking terms.

One said: "40 Miles to La Joller" The other said: "Don't be an arsehole, it's 'La Hoya' "

The argument raged for 30 miles.

"La Joller"

"La Hoya"

Eventually they reached an agreement:

"The FIRST place we get to in this town - the VERY FIRST Place - we stop and we ask them. We go with the answer."

"OK"

They get there . They pull into the first place they see and one of them (the loud-mouthed one) says:

TELL ME. TELL ME VERY SLOWLY AND VERY CAREFULLY.

HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE THE NAME OF THIS PLACE?

THE MAN SAYS:

BURR::GER:: KING

I've done my bit.

WTF is 'Positive Affirmation'?

Wow.... That was very very strange..! LoL

I won't be debating this exercise, if you are questioning it and don't understand it, then it's not for you. I understood completely during posting this exercise that opposition and trolling was inevitable. I decided to take an impartial stance, a non- argumentative one in order not to tarnish the original message. If debate is required I would imagine it would have occurred post exercise with testimony accompanied...?

http://www.google.co.uk

Sorry, but this is a passive form of trolling. You come here knowing full well that it will rankle people yet you still do it anyway.

You don't have to make posts like this to be a beacon of light in the lives of the people you encounter around you. That comes by doing and not by posting online; you're certainly not going to make anyone's lives the better with posts like this.

All you are doing here is making wild commentary online without any demonstrable support mechanisms.

Oh, and this:

The laws of attraction state that whatever you transmit, you WILL attract.

Just isn't true on any level. It's more new-age hocus pocus and while it's a gorgeous idea, has no basis in reality.

I mean, WHY would anyone think that would work on any level? It's the kind of thinking that pulls in gullible women to buy the book: You Are Love, where if you really believe, you'll find a man...

/sigh. It's nothing more than brainwashing.

Edited by Karis

I see 2 comments posted above this one.