Another Chinese buffet bites the dust?

I always tend to have a lot left over, because I throw loads onto my plate at each visit to the cart so that I don't have to keep going back. I'd refuse to pay if they tried to charge me extra.

But it's not a competition to prove whose eyes are bigger than their belly.

I always tend to have a lot left over, because I throw loads onto my plate at each visit to the cart so that I don't have to keep going back. I'd refuse to pay if they tried to charge me extra.

I really don't understand your logic. Why do you see this dining experience as an exercise in eating as much as possible without moving. Then be so arrogant as to not pay for the excess and wasted food you may produce.

You do strike me as a lazy - all you can take kind of person.

Could I suggest that next time you visit one of these establishments you take your time, don't overfill your plate and don't leave masses of waste food.

I think its a strange idea...what difference does it make to them weather its wasted or in someones belly? :huh:

The difference between making money and not making it. If everyone wastes a plate of food then they've had to pay for 1 plate * every customer of extra food to be cooked. How could you need that explaining? :suspect:

Went to one in Andover a couple of years ago. You paid £15 and wrote what you wanted on a slip of paper and it was brought to you freshly cooked. You could order as many times a you wanted.

The difference between making money and not making it. If everyone wastes a plate of food then they've had to pay for 1 plate * every customer of extra food to be cooked. How could you need that explaining? :suspect:

Too right, Cyclone - It does make me wonder about the level of intelligence of the posts on here.

Buffet restaurants don`t seem to last for long. Don`t know about other people but we are very wary of buffet type places and the length of time that food is kept warm. A breeding ground for bugs.

Buffet restaurants don`t seem to last for long. Don`t know about other people but we are very wary of buffet type places and the length of time that food is kept warm. A breeding ground for bugs.

Another food nutter. Why would they poison you? One thing this council will do is protect you from this kind of thing, they are very strict on food hygeine.:loopy:

No1 Chinese buffet....

Went there with the mother today around 5:45Pm and it was shut, the windows are all dusty but the signs are still in the window,I never heard anything about it closing down..........................Anyone know anything?

Went about a year ago and it was closed, went to Flamin' Dragon instead at Centertainment, didn't bother going to Jumbo's in town heard it's rubbish. The Orient though was a decent buffet.

Another food nutter. Why would they poison you? One thing this council will do is protect you from this kind of thing, they are very strict on food hygeine.:loopy:

Another point is that if they poison all their customers thus killing them, they will not have any more customers! Also all the poisoned customers laid writhing in agony on the restaurant floor does tend to put potential customers off eating there.:cool:

Not a food nutter, just someone with a digestive condition that means I have to be careful

I guess that most people don't have a digestive condition that makes them that sensitive, I've certainly got no issues with eating food at a chinese buffet.

If you've ever been in one for long, you see how quickly the trays are emptied and fresh ones brought out.