Origin Order date and install date

I ordered mid Feb and was connected yesterday.

My next door neighbour ordered yesterday, so I'll find out what his activation date will be, and tell Origin so I get my discount.

Spoke to Origin, still no connection date, they don't know if i will need to obtain a third MAC yet and still don't have a connection date. They have said i 'should' receive my actual connection date by the end of this week.

I have received a router through the post and the modem is to follow from Digital Region just before i get connected (if and when)

so...other than having received a £20 router i am no closer to leaving my ****ty current connection and moving to origin

Spoke to Origin, still no connection date, they don't know if i will need to obtain a third MAC yet and still don't have a connection date. They have said i 'should' receive my actual connection date by the end of this week.

I have received a router through the post and the modem is to follow from Digital Region just before i get connected (if and when)

so...other than having received a £20 router i am no closer to leaving my ****ty current connection and moving to origin

After suffering with low connections at my previous place in Walkley, believe me It's worth the wait.

I'm in the same boat. Currently on my second MAC after being reassured by email and telephone from Origin that my change over (I'm currently with BT) would happen today. No VDSL modem has been delivered from DR, just the Tenda W268R wifi router from Origin.

When I contacted Origin to ask for a progress update I was told that my installation date had been changed - here's lies my main issue. When would I have been informed about this if I hadn't have asked?

I've heard all the reasons/excuses for the lack of action surrounding installations - "we're at the mercy of BT", "we're a new company, it's been a nightmare for us" etc

My advice to Origin is - do not make promises you cannot keep to your customers and if you are having difficulties fulfilling orders keep your customers informed - customers want the service as advertised, not excuses.

I'm going to wait this one out to give Origin another chance but am now starting to think I may have made a mistake, we'll see.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm already disappointed with the level of service Origin are offering and I'm not even connected yet! Come on Origin, less excuses and more action!

Maxfacta, I totally agree. If I hadn't have phoned up days before i was due to be connected then when would they have told me I wasn't????

The second main problem is when they say 'I will ring you back'. They have rang me back once out of ten when they have said they would.

I think sometimes they have also told me what I want to hear and not what's happening.

It's pretty damn poor, n thats before you get connected

Go with a bigger ISP in future is my advice

An update from me - was connected to Origin yesterday as promised, no problems.

39Mbps down, 9.4 up. Happy so far!

You rub it in lol :(

Just out of interest, what exchange you at and whats your ping speed?

Cheers

Just out of interest, what exchange you at and whats your ping speed?

Cheers

It shouldn't matter what exchange you are on as its all about the cabinets, as for pings my first question is where to?

I could do a ping and get a very low response (something on my lan), or I could do a ping and get a very slow response(someone in outer mongolia using a dialup modem.).

happy Origin customer here, their installation date slipped by a few weeks but we where the 1st connection into a brand new cabinet so Origin where help up by Thales. (we could watch the build work from our living room window)

once connected its been flawless and communication has been good. I recieved a phone call last week informing me that there was to be some disruption the next day. none of my old ISP's ever phoned me to tell me anything.

No idea about what exchange I'm on, but the test I ran at speedtest.net this morning was showing ping at about 30ms. I don't game online much so no idea if that's acceptable or not, but everything I tried in the limited time I had this morning felt pretty responsive and nippy.