Origin Order date and install date

I haven't had any emails from origin at all stating when I will be connected. I received a call at my home address on 31st march by Oliver to tell me my install date of today 20th April. Rang them yesterday n they have promised to ring me back before 11am with an update. Today, thats 35mins time.

I've had lots of back and forwards with them. Ordered mid January, am being connected on Tuesday. To be fair to them it does sound like they've had quite a runaround with BT, and they've always been fine with me when I've spoken to them.

I'll be back here ranting if it doesn't happen on Tuesday though!

Plenty of emails going back n forwards. Not one of them giving me a connection date.

I have signed up to the lowest package, makes me wonder too if they are prioritising orders on the higher packages.

There has been several different reasons given for the delays, is one incompetence? 60 days today and no closer

My advice is ring them, they've been very helpful when I've talked to them, but less so over email. (I've signed up for the 'Inferno' package btw).

There's been lots of snippets of information about their problems, but for some reason they are not coming clean (their choice) as to exactly what has been going on. Reading between the lines it sounds as though they were linked with Ripwire in some way, maybe sharing some resources. When Ripwire went belly up it seems like Origin were stuffed, were unable to add new users and had to make alternative arrangements, which has taken time. Now it's all sorted, and the small team there are rushed off their feet. It'll no doubt all work out in the end.

I'm on basic package so don't think that has any effect on wait times.

Hi,

I just thought I would fill in some of the gaps you mention. We were in no way linked or had any relationship with RipWire.

We were originally working in collaboration with Digital City and issues beyond our control affected our ability to get customers live.

Since then we have completely rebuilt our entire infrastructure to be completely independent re this news article.

http://www.digitalregion.co.uk/origin-broadband-restructures-for-success

We have been working very hard to keep our very patient customers informed as much as we can.

Hope this fills in some gaps.

Origin

Origin seems the more popular option but i would be going mental if i was the one receiving all these emails that seem to be avoiding the most important question. OriginB seems to be doing a similar thing. Come OriginB, insert boot up someone's backside and find out just when john22rob's connection is going to be sorted ;)

Hi,

I cant comment on any specific case but we are aware of John's order. I assure you that all that we can do is being done at the moment.

We will be in touch with John soon, and I assure you, our biggest boot is already on and ready to do some kicking ;-)

Thanks,

Origin

Edited by OriginB

I have received a wireless n broadband router today from origin. Should there have been a modem as well? The diagram suggests so that's in the box.

Cheers

Unless things have changed, the router comes from Origin but the modem comes from Thales/Digital Region. So the modem tends to come later.

I ordered from a DR ISP on the 2nd of April and the install is happening this coming Tuesday so 22 days. Surely they all go through the same process once the order is sent off to Thales?

have you been given the new all-in-one version which has the vdsl modem built in

@illusion it's also down to location - they may not be able to get an ORE to perform the work until such date