3 Dimensional Films

PrimalJay

What are your thoughts on this overpriced and over hyped product, it is nothing new and has been around for decades so why the major fuss about it now.

I think 3D should be buried in a very deep and dark hole, it offers nothing apart from an expensive pair of sunglasses.

I would normally agree, but there's some films that 3D enhances, not many though... Especially not the forthcoming "3D" version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, which is already a classic in 2D, why ruin it by 3D-ising it?

Also, call me tight but I object on principle to paying an extra £1.50 for normal 3D amd £4.50 for IMAX when I already pay Cineworld £15 a month for the Unlimited card.

3D films when done right can be spectacular but almost all 3D films are ruined by the makers for not using the technology correctly.

They try to make you jump or scared etc by "throwing" images from the screen.

For me, a 3D film should be like looking through a window, having a perception of depth behind the screen.

Only one 3D film I've seen at the cinema has done this, Avatar.

So in conclusion for me, 3D tech when used correctly can be amazing and has great potential but 99.9% of hollywood doesnt understand how to use it other than for cheap gimmicks

3D films when done right can be spectacular but almost all 3D films are ruined by the makers for not using the technology correctly.

They try to make you jump or scared etc by "throwing" images from the screen.

For me, a 3D film should be like looking through a window, having a perception of depth behind the screen.

Only one 3D film I've seen at the cinema has done this, Avatar.

So in conclusion for me, 3D tech when used correctly can be amazing and has great potential but 99.9% of hollywood doesnt understand how to use it other than for cheap gimmicks

I didn't rate Avatar to be honest, thought it was the most overrated pile of crap since Lord of the Rings.

I didn't rate Avatar to be honest, thought it was the most overrated pile of crap since Lord of the Rings.

We're not discussing the storyline/level of acting etc. We're discussing the use of 3D technology within films so whether you rated the film or not is irrelevant.

I think the problem is that making a proper 3D film is expensive and takes a lot of effort. It's much easier to film it in 2D, then convert to pseudo-3D in post-processing, but this generally ends up looking pretty poor.

I'll generally watch the 2D version of a film if there is one.

I think the problem is that making a proper 3D film is expensive and takes a lot of effort. It's much easier to film it in 2D, then convert to pseudo-3D in post-processing, but this generally ends up looking pretty poor.

I'll generally watch the 2D version of a film if there is one.

Me too, although I have a 3D tv I find its the kids computer generated stuff that seems to lend itself better to 3D. The prices of 3D dvd's is also still very high.