What are your politics?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What are your politics?

• Far-left
    • Left
    • Centrism
    • Right
    • Far-right

I definately fall into the far left category. I do strongly believe that the world would be a better place to live in without social competition, inequality and a capitalist economy if the people were educated enough to understand the social responsibilites that arise from egalitarianism, were willing to participate voluntarily in their communities and were capable of preventing the rise of power hungry egotists through their social relationships (all of which have been acheived over very long periods of time in the past).

I don't believe at all that this is an impossible scenario, but I understand it seems unacheivable to most when considered from the perspective of being raised within a right wing relatively totalitarian society that is economically complex. It wouldn't seem so unacheivable to an African tribesman who was acquainted with western technology, for example- so it's really just about an individual's social conditioning. It's a matter of complexity essentially. Today we have simple social relationships (buying a product from a person is a simple exchange of money for product, for example- no actual relationship is necessary) running in conjunction with a complex economy and system of trade. A far left society would have highly complex and strongly developed social relationships and a highly organised, but much simplified system of trade- more localised and more rational.

I believe that when a future society finally does occur based upon far left principles (particularly having overthrown hierarchical control) then that will be considered the true peak of advanced civilisation and they'll look back on us as barbarians for the way we treat anybody that doesn't live up to the western capitalist ideal of the perfect worker (which is how we currently judge a persons beauty and social value).

How would such a society progress though? It seems a recipe for stagnation to me, even if it were possible (which I don't think I agree with you that it is).

When I did a couple of parachute jumps I sometimes swung to the left or right depending on wind direction :D

How would such a society progress though? It seems a recipe for stagnation to me, even if it were possible (which I don't think I agree with you that it is).

It depends upon your definition of progress I think. Today we see progress as an economic and technological function in society. I would suggest that a far left society would define progress as primarily a social function and social progress is just as open to new innovation as technological progress. In fact, the two combined could lead to enormous benefits in the same way that economic/ technological progress has done for our society, but without the sense of leaving people behind.

Any which way, you will always fit in somewhere.

I suppose you could say I'm an independent.....in the true meaning of the word so it's not about not wishing to fit in somewhere (I fit in with myself), it's about being flexible in your outlook that enables you to take whatever political action may be required at a particular point in history (which is what all political leaders have to do anyway given the situation they find themselves in) and being open, clear and honest about it rather than the deception that keeps perpetuating itself by a political party stating their ideology but never being in a position to be able to impose it on society without causing great harm to one group or another.

Certainly I would like to see a radical overhaul of the political system. I would like to see all political parties banned, the public to directly elect the Prime Minister, Chancellor and the entire cabinet as well as an MP who's only remit would be to represent their constituents.

I could go on but I'll leave it there.:)

I suppose you could say I'm an independent.....in the true meaning of the word so it's not about not wishing to fit in somewhere (I fit in with myself), it's about being flexible in your outlook that enables you to take whatever political action may be required at a particular point in history (which is what all political leaders have to do anyway given the situation they find themselves in) and being open, clear and honest about it rather than the deception that keeps perpetuating itself by a political party stating their ideology but never being in a position to be able to impose it on society without causing great harm to one group or another.

Certainly I would like to see a radical overhaul of the political system. I would like to see all political parties banned, the public to directly elect the Prime Minister, Chancellor and the entire cabinet as well as an MP who's only remit would be to represent their constituents.

I could go on but I'll leave it there.:)

I got two sentences in and gave up with your delusion to be different. Sounded like an Anarchist again...

I got two sentences in and gave up with your delusion to be different. Sounded like an Anarchist again...

Sorry but I can't see any anti authoritarianism in my last comment.....just a more democratic, egalitarian form of authoritarianism.;)

Sorry but I can't see any anti authoritarianism in my last comment.....just a more democratic, egalitarian form of authoritarianism.;)

You fit in there somewhere.

BTW I didn't call you an Anarchist, I said you sound like one!

Halibut's vote is right at the top of the poll results i see.

But in your definition an anarchist is anti authoritarian but as I'm clearly not anti authoritarian how can I even sound like an anarchist? I've already told what I am politically, an independent but you seem to have trouble in accepting people who don't fit into your narrowly defined little political boxes. Very unprogressive attitude me thinks spooky.:)

But in your definition an anarchist is anti authoritarian but as I'm clearly not anti authoritarian how can I even sound like an anarchist? I've already told what I am politically, an independent but you seem to have trouble in accepting people who don't fit into your narrowly defined little political boxes. Very unprogressive attitude me thinks spooky.:)

LOL, as you said earlier you have elements from various areas, that doesn't mean you are unique and don't fit on the scale of opinion types.

LOL, as you said earlier you have elements from various areas, that doesn't mean you are unique.

As I said earlier I have elements from right across the political spectrum meaning that my politics is fluid and can't be fixed into a one dimensional system as you're attempting to do.

I never claimed to be unique, I claimed to be politically independent of which there are many who think likewise.:)

As I said earlier I have elements from right across the political spectrum meaning that my politics is fluid and can't be fixed into a one dimensional system as you're attempting to do.

I never claimed to be unique, I claimed to be politically independent of which there are many who think likewise.:)

It's not my system, it's just the different groupings of stances on various subjects. And since you state that your views are from within the spectrum, then you are not outside the spectrum.