• Left
    • Centrism
    • Right
    • Far-right

Of course you do.

Thankyou, I know.

My rules apply to me just as others.

My rules apply to me just as others.

Just as others what? That sentence doesn't make sense.

Just as others what? That sentence doesn't make sense.

Oh yes it does ;)

Oh yes it does ;)

No, it's grammatically nonsensical.

Which rules are you on about anyway?

No, it's grammatically nonsensical.

Which rules are you on about anyway?

No it's not!

The one's stated in my original quote on this bit...

EDIT:

If it helps you understand, try it this way with the extra "to"...

"My rules apply to me just as TO others."

What i'm saying is I do my utmost not to be a hypocrite!

I'm very left wing and proud of it when it comes to social issues but I really don't know where I stand on economics.

I definately fall into the far left category. I do strongly believe that the world would be a better place to live in without social competition, inequality and a capitalist economy if the people were educated enough to understand the social responsibilites that arise from egalitarianism, were willing to participate voluntarily in their communities and were capable of preventing the rise of power hungry egotists through their social relationships (all of which have been acheived over very long periods of time in the past).

I don't believe at all that this is an impossible scenario, but I understand it seems unacheivable to most when considered from the perspective of being raised within a right wing relatively totalitarian society that is economically complex. It wouldn't seem so unacheivable to an African tribesman who was acquainted with western technology, for example- so it's really just about an individual's social conditioning. It's a matter of complexity essentially. Today we have simple social relationships (buying a product from a person is a simple exchange of money for product, for example- no actual relationship is necessary) running in conjunction with a complex economy and system of trade. A far left society would have highly complex and strongly developed social relationships and a highly organised, but much simplified system of trade- more localised and more rational.

I believe that when a future society finally does occur based upon far left principles (particularly having overthrown hierarchical control) then that will be considered the true peak of advanced civilisation and they'll look back on us as barbarians for the way we treat anybody that doesn't live up to the western capitalist ideal of the perfect worker (which is how we currently judge a persons beauty and social value).

No it's not!

The one's stated in my original quote on this bit...

Your original post didn't have any rules in it. It had definitions in it.

EDIT:

If it helps you understand, try it this way with the extra "to"...

"My rules apply to me just as TO others."

Thanks for that gracious admission that it was indeed grammatically incorrect.

What i'm saying is I do my utmost not to be a hypocrite!

Hurrah.

Your original post didn't have any rules in it. It had definitions in it.

Well noticed, it does actually refer to some though doesn't it!

I believe that when a future society finally does occur based upon far left principles (particularly having overthrown hierarchical control) then that will be considered the true peak of advanced civilisation and they'll look back on us as barbarians for the way we treat anybody that doesn't live up to the western capitalist ideal of the perfect worker (which is how we currently judge a persons beauty and social value).

So, saying communism is a far left society, how do they view and treat workers who don't conform to the standard?

So, saying communism is a far left society, how do they view and treat workers who don't conform to the standard?

You know as well as I do that Communism is a totalitarian version of the left (with a state party controlling the masses) the way that Nazism is a totalitarian version of the right. I don't believe that hierarchical totalitarianism is good for a society on any side of the spectrum as I stated in my post.

You know as well as I do that Communism is a totalitarian version of the left (with a state party controlling the masses) the way that Nazism is a totalitarian version of the right. I don't believe that hierarchical totalitarianism is good for a society on any side of the spectrum as I stated in my post.

Out of interest, what is the similar far right variation? Actually, I can imagine...