US troops posing with body parts.

Some people, if they were honest, are more concerned with the welfare of the Taliban than our own troops, we know who you are and will be first up against the wall come the revolution...

So would you argue against the soldiers who did this being disciplined?

Do you think their actions ought to be applauded?

I think that if you put young men in combat, they will do what all hunters do with the trophies.

Do you think we should adopt suicide bombing as a tactic?

You seem to be of the view that two wrongs make a right and that the allied forces should behave just as badly as those they're fighting against - is that your view?

you have changed the argument. this is not about suicide bombers or fighting without any regard to the rules of war as our islamic enemy does.

you have changed the argument. this is not about suicide bombers or fighting without any regard to the rules of war as our islamic enemy does.

You've completely failed to address the second part of what I wrote; I'll rephrase it for you - do you think that because the Taliban do atrocious things, it's alright for allied forces to do likewise?

Do you not agree with me that British and US troops should behave with more dignity and decenecy that the people they're fighting against?

You've completely failed to address the second part of what I wrote; I'll rephrase it for you - do you think that because the Taliban do atrocious things, it's alright for allied forces to do likewise?

Do you not agree with me that British and US troops should behave with more dignity and decenecy that the people they're fighting against?

No, what the despicable Taliban do is no excuse to be used to cancel out what we do.

But most sensible people will take it into consideration, especially in a case like this where nothing wrong has actually been done, it's only very very insensitive, and should quite rightly be frowned upon. But, maybe this case will change our laws and they won't be allowed to do it in the future without facing stated consequences within our law.

So would you argue against the soldiers who did this being disciplined?

Do you think their actions ought to be applauded?

Neither, in fact. They're just body parts, and enemy body parts, at that. When you're dead, you're dead, it's not like you'd care anymore, or that your family will know about it and get upset.

It's nothing I'd choose to do myself, but people who work in stressful occupations often develop a gruesome sense of humour. Even medical students have been known to make jokes about sick people and corpses. It's a coping mechanism and I'm surprised that someone in your supposed line of work doesn't recognise that.

Added to which, last time the bleeding hearts were getting in a froth about something similar, didn't it turn out to be photoshopped?

Neither, in fact. They're just body parts, and enemy body parts, at that. When you're dead, you're dead, it's not like you'd care anymore, or that your family will know about it and get upset.

It's nothing I'd choose to do myself, but people who work in stressful occupations often develop a gruesome sense of humour. Even medical students have been known to make jokes about sick people and corpses. It's a coping mechanism and I'm surprised that someone in your supposed line of work doesn't recognise that.

Added to which, last time the bleeding hearts were getting in a froth about something similar, didn't it turn out to be photoshopped?

So, if I'm reading you right, if you were in charge of those men, you'd kind of shrug your soldiers and say 'boys will be boys'?

Posing with body parts is barbaric, no matter who does it.

War is undignified. Period. There is nothing honorable about war. It is bloody, and brutal and unfair. Even I, who has never and will never go to war know this. To expect dignified behavior from soldiers, often young and scared, is to expect snow in July.

Posing with body parts is barbaric, no matter who does it.

War is undignified. Period. There is nothing honorable about war. It is bloody, and brutal and unfair. Even I, who has never and will never go to war know this. To expect dignified behavior from soldiers, often young and scared, is to expect snow in July.

There's a lot of places which would be surprised not to have snow in July, or all year round for that matter ;)

But no, the horrors of war have turned many!

So, if I'm reading you right, if you were in charge of those men, you'd kind of shrug your soldiers and say 'boys will be boys'?
No, of course not, I'd kind of shrug my shoulders and say, next time don't be so stupid as to take pix and post them on t'internet where people like Halibit can pontificate about how bad you are. :rolleyes:

If I was in a fix, I know who I'd prefer to have on my side. At least these boys are actually doing something, risking their lives against a sneaky and cowardly gang of religious nutjobs, at our country's behest. When you or your ilk have ever done anything to match that, I might take something you have to say seriously.

Have you anything to say about the rest of my post?

These soldiers may have previously had to collect the body parts of their friends who had been blown up. Had to carry the trunk of their friend who had all his limbs blown off by an IED. They never know if the same thing will happen to them every time they leave camp.

The soldiers are living a completely different life than us sat safely at home and this needs to be taken into consideration .