PLEA from a local dog rescue

hi all ,I am a local lad that 2.5 yr ago started his own dog rescue ,i have progressed from saving upto 5 dogs to now having 20+dogs in my care foollish i know but i believe in what i do, at the momment i have to raise upto 2000 pound per mth for the rescue to exist , this has become very time consuming and has taken its toll on mme ,I am in need off help if the rescue is to continue i have had to swallow a lot of pride to beg for help on here but i must ,if anyone can help me by way of regular donation,sponsership or by fundrraising please contact me, please dont post negative remarks as at the momment i need help not a ear bashiing..thank you..

hi all ,I am a local lad that 2.5 yr ago started his own dog rescue ,i have progressed from saving upto 5 dogs to now having 20+dogs in my care foollish i know but i believe in what i do, at the momment i have to raise upto 2000 pound per mth for the rescue to exist , this has become very time consuming and has taken its toll on mme ,I am in need off help if the rescue is to continue i have had to swallow a lot of pride to beg for help on here but i must ,if anyone can help me by way of regular donation,sponsership or by fundrraising please contact me, please dont post negative remarks as at the momment i need help not a ear bashiing..thank you..

You poor thing. This is what having a big heart does...

I don't think it's possible to do this as a one man band. Have you contacted the regular organisations like the Dog's Trust. They say they never put a healthy dog down and might be able to help you. Also are you a registered charity?

Hi, thanks for your reply,I have managed to do this for the last 3yr but as i said it is taking its toll but if i was recieving the same a amount of funding and only taking in healthy dogs then maybe i would be sat on a healthy bank account with dogs that didn`t require vet treatment + be able to pay for people to canvass for standing orders.What i can say is that like most small rescues is that all fundng goes to the dogs, please bear in mind i have been in rescue for over 10 yr helping other rescues.please try to help charitys that havent got coperate backing

It's probably only a drop on the ocean, compared to the need you have for money, but if you approach Sheffield's Waitrose, they have a scheme where they allocate £1000 a month, between three local charities, proportionately, according to votes from customers.

(customers vote for one of the three local charities nominated that month, using a token placed in a barrel. The percentage of the vote dictates the percentage of the pot given to each charity)

It may be worth a try, a few quid is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, as they say!

It's probably only a drop on the ocean, compared to the need you have for money, but if you approach Sheffield's Waitrose, they have a scheme where they allocate £1000 a month, between three local charities, proportionately, according to votes from customers.

(customers vote for one of the three local charities nominated that month, using a token placed in a barrel. The percentage of the vote dictates the percentage of the pot given to each charity)

It may be worth a try, a few quid is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, as they say!

Good call PT. I'm sure there are a few Waitrose customers in here :thumbsup:

Personally, I prefer non selectively picked hand-polished transoceanic enticing pea pod sprouts as part of my dinner... so I shop at Tesco :)

Hi to sponser a kennel,its quite simple ,you would set up a standing order for how much you would like to pay towards a kennel [a kennel costs me 28 pound a week ,this includes food ]. I know tha a lot ,but if anyone wanted to part sponser a kennel it would be brill ,maybe in return i could send out a certificate of sponsership and also place a, ``sponserd by board``on the kennel + other insentives.What i really need is regular funding coming in to ennsure the rescues commitment to help as any as it can and to offer help dog owners who are experiancing having to give up their best friend when there is in a lot of cases help thy can call upon,wich could mean they wouldnt have`` to get rid``Sorry for long post but i have a passion for what im trying to do