Hacked off with idiots

I am getting well and truly P****D OFF with reading stories from the obviously cerebrally challenged people regarding mobility cars, i.e. "he cant even drive and he,s got one" and "makes me sick geting a brand naw car for nowt." I can,t drive, have a mobility car and it cost me around £250 per month. I would willingly hand the car over to any of these ignorant swines if they were to have my life for one day.

Any comments welcome please.

Edited by heeleyson

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I cant comment on the car situation, but I can comment on the ignorant and uninformed comments made by some people regarding impairment and travel! I used to work as a P.A for a young man who used a wheelchair. Almost every time we got on a bus, there would be comments from people (including adults!) such as "why should he get free travel", "why is he entitled to the space at the front of the bus". It drove me mad and I always had to bite my tongue, as sometimes arguing with these unitelligent people is more hassle than its worth.

I think we just have to pity these people and think what sad little lives they lead.

These people are Daily Mail readers and are therefore made of FAIL anyway because they think all disabled people are scum who drain "their" taxes by being on benefits due to it being rather hard for disabled adults to get jobs (IMO).

Daily Mail readers :hihi:

What these people need to realise is the only reason disabled adults find it difficult to get jobs, is because we live in a society where everything is made for the able bodied individual. If jobs and society in general were made more accessible, there would be no need for people to moan about others draining their taxes. Unfortunately, many people are too narrow minded to even consider this :(

my wife has been disabled now for 30 years she would gladly give up her motability she could be rid of the pain & be able to walk let alone drive or use public transport those that complain over the help disabled get [which isn`t alot compared to what they`ve lost] sould spend a week [or better still a month] changing places with some one that is disabled & suffer the pain ,the comments & the indignaties that most disabled people have to put up with on a daily basis instead of moaning they should thank their lucky stars that they are well and fit and don`t have to live with disablity or have to cope with the hurt & stress that living with a loved one`s diability brings

Mod note:-

We have had some nasty comments about mobility car users, on previous threads, so I want to pre-empt the nastiness by warning that this thread is to be kept free of nastiness and accusations. if not it will be closed/culled.

thanks in advance for keeping it pleasant!

PT

Hi PT :wave: Point taken.......however, can I just ask all those mobility scooter drivers out there to keep their eyes peeled when they are on their travels.

I'm disabled too (but walk with a stick or crutches) and don't move very fast. I'm also partially deaf. Unfortunately, this means that I have come close to being 'run over' by one of these scooters on several occasions and even had 'MOVE!! you stupid....' yelled at me by one elderly gentleman! :o

I think these scooters are a great idea (and would most probably get one if I had the money) but the behaviour of some of their 'owners' is a different issue.

Please folks, be aware of your surroundings. :)

Edited by Merlina

Hi there,

I cant comment on the car situation, but I can comment on the ignorant and uninformed comments made by some people regarding impairment and travel! I used to work as a P.A for a young man who used a wheelchair. Almost every time we got on a bus, there would be comments from people (including adults!) such as "why should he get free travel", "why is he entitled to the space at the front of the bus". It drove me mad and I always had to bite my tongue, as sometimes arguing with these unitelligent people is more hassle than its worth.

I think we just have to pity these people and think what sad little lives they lead.

Most people are totally ignorant to what they don't understand or atempt too, we have a 18 year old disabled child who we take to one of our local shopping complexes and the looks , sniggers and comments we get are unbeliveable, end of the day we just rise above it and like you have to bite our tongues.

I am getting well and truly P****D OFF with reading stories from the obviously cerebrally challenged people regarding mobility cars, i.e. "he cant even drive and he,s got one" and "makes me sick geting a brand naw car for nowt." I can,t drive, have a mobility car and it cost me around £250 per month. I would willingly hand the car over to any of these ignorant swines if they were to have my life for one day.

Any comments welcome please.

Well said that man it is annoying, I still manage to work (my choice), but I have heart failure amongst other things, people will always cast snide remarks, rise above them & good luck.

I'd sooner not have DLA & have a life where I can do things at home, which I can no longer do now, that is hard to accept. :)

• 3 weeks later...

i obviously drive my daughters mobitity car due to her age and people think i must have a wonderful life with my "new" cars

infact at school there are just 2 blue badge spaces and without fail non badge holding parents park there as they think its unfair that only i get to park thier legally, after having a fall with my daughter trying to get to the nearest place to park i now block them in there and take my sweet time getting her to the car