What if science is wrong?

But science is wrong too. Yet we lived with it.

A lot of the time because religion told us too!

But science is wrong too. Yet we lived with it.

I'm not sure that science has ever advocated that it is 'always' right.

I'm not sure that science has ever advocated that it is 'always' right.

I didn't say that and I believe you are correct. That's the beauty of science.

Explain what you mean, maybe you've got something specific in mind.

No not at all. I'm really just playing with the subject.

I do understand that our understandings of things will always start out small. I was toying with that really. For us to understand more we have to know that we are wrong. There would be no specific examples as I am aware that the scientific method relies on science being wrong or in the very least better understood.

No not at all. I'm really just playing with the subject.

I do understand that our understandings of things will always start out small. I was toying with that really. For us to understand more we have to know that we are wrong. There would be no specific examples as I am aware that the scientific method relies on science being wrong or in the very least better understood.

I'm not pedantic when I say this, but I don't believe that it would be a case of science being wrong, do you mean scientists being wrong?

I'm not pedantic when I say this, but I don't believe that it would be a case of science being wrong, do you mean scientists being wrong?

Forgive me. Yes, as science I mean ultimately scientists. I shall be clearer in future.

I didn't say that and I believe you are correct. That's the beauty of science.

Science is either correct or incorrect (no sentiment). I think right and wrong are more applicable to religious teachings and is probably dangerous from a scientific perspective.

Wow. I didn't say science had anything to do with god. I merely said what if god believers are right when they say it's because god only reveals what he wants us to see. That doesn't imply I think science is trying to disprove god nor am I saying I believe in god.

Sorry, I must have worded my response badly, I know you are not saying that and I had gathered that you are a non believer. :)

What if mathematics is wrong?

It can't be. Maths is just a set of rules which can be applied to numbers.

However, there's lots of options for the numbers to be wrong, and as the saying goes - garbage in, garbage out. There's even more options for the person doing the maths to misinterpret (or misunderstand) the rules, and get nonsense answers.

Either way, it doesn't make the rule book wrong.