What if science is wrong?

Last night I was watching something scientific. It got me thinking, what if the evidence we believe we have for scientific theories has been interpreted in a way to suit the scientists agenda or simply misinterpreted? Did we interpret things a particular way because it fit what we were looking for?

Now I'm pretty sure that the fact that I'm typing this on a computer is reason enough to believe scientists could be right about the majority of their work but, should I trust science just because things work?

Maybe believers in god are right. Perhaps we only discover how things work because god reveals the information to us in a way we understand. Hence why we will never truly understand some things.

Last night I was watching something scientific. It got me thinking, what if the evidence we believe we have for scientific theories has been interpreted in a way to suit the scientists agenda or simply misinterpreted? Did we interpret things a particular way because it fit what we were looking for?

Now I'm pretty sure that the fact that I'm typing this on a computer is reason enough to believe scientists could be right about the majority of their work but, should I trust science just because things work?

No, you should check their methods and do tests for yourself, if you see a flaw, shout it ut and ask if anyone can prove your theory to disprove the original proof.

But if something is real and right then it should be testable time and time again.

Gone... BBC4, Beautiful Minds, about Professor Andre Geim, a physicist.

But what if the scientific establishment are so comfortable in their positions that they would encourage other theories to be instantly ridiculed? Could this happen?

Maybe believers in god are right. Perhaps we only discover how things work because god reveals the information to us in a way we understand. Hence why we will never truly understand some things.

I'm sure you could have worked this question within the other "God" threads.

I'm sure you could have worked this question within the other "God" threads.

This is a thread about science and what if science is wrong. I added that as an alternative argument for balance.

But what if the scientific establishment are so comfortable in their positions that they would encourage other theories to be instantly ridiculed? Could this happen?

Yes, and it has...many times.

If a scientist theory is proven wrong it can prove a big discovery in itself which pushes forwards our knowledge.

Yes, and it has...many times.

Do you have any examples?

I'm interested in what caused these things being stifled. What happened to the people that thought the theory or work was right?

Why do you need scientists to help you make a decision on whether God exists?

I'm interested in what caused these things being stifled. What happened to the people that thought the theory or work was right?

Global warming?

If a scientist theory is proven wrong it can prove a big discovery in itself which pushes forwards our knowledge.

I have always believed sciences greatest gift that it appears willing to accept when wrong. I agree, accepting one is wrong can lead to great things in many aspects of life.

They either went onto greater things or died a death.

Darwin?

Einstein?

Both ridiculed and attacked by the scientific establishment.