Internet Connection Issues

PrimalJay

I have the latest version of Google Chrome but have been experiencing numerous issues with lag and slowdown especially when viewing YouTube for prolonged periods, sometimes it just stops and I have to restart the browser, I am also having slowdown with Internet Explorer 9 as well but seeing as I don't use it often it aint such a big deal, could it be my laptop, I was wondering whether I need the wireless card replacing or whether there may be a cable out of joint, don't know, does anyone else have severe slowdown and hangs when using laptops and is there a way to fix things.

Get a USB wireless dongle to test with only a few pound on eBay test using what you normally do when experiencing trouble. If it remains it is either an issue with your ISP or router I doubt the browser is causing you to get slow speeds, try Firefox see if that fixes anything.

You can also try restarting your router to clear garbage when you notice it slowing down they can collect a lot of redundant data.

If it is a constant slow speed also try another filter on your line, it could be you are picking up noise your ISP will usually supply 2 of these with your router.

Another thing to try is pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and going to network you will be able to see the usage of your network adaptor and see if they are high when you are getting slowed downs.

Are you able to move your computer close to the router temporarily ?

If so, usually routers are supplied with a short ethernet cable (usually yellow).

Move your computer so that you can use the cable. If the problem stops then you know it's a problem with the wireless communcation and you rule out problems with your internet connection and your computer.

yeah for one get rid of chrome and all its add ons firefox is much better

whats the spec of your computer and who is your isp and on what package ?

yeah Firefox with all its addons is a lot better:loopy::loopy:

I am a FF user but that comment is the sort that gives people who use FF a bad name

Are you able to move your computer close to the router temporarily ?

If so, usually routers are supplied with a short ethernet cable (usually yellow).

Move your computer so that you can use the cable. If the problem stops then you know it's a problem with the wireless communcation and you rule out problems with your internet connection and your computer.

It's a laptop m8 and I'd advise the same use an ethernet cable to bypass any wireless probs

Not really a fan of Firefox but am becoming ever frustrated with Chrome especially when I set it up and it keeps defaulting its settings like spell checker and dns options.

I am in another room so using a cable is not really viable plus I have just looked in the wireless router settings and changed the wireless channel to number 1 as it was on smart 11 setting, it seems to be a bit better now, I did this because my BT Home Hub 3 is next to my digital cordless telephone so was trying to stop any interference issues.

Also, I am on BT Infinity Option 2 which is unlimited option so there is no bloody excuse really.

Not really a fan of Firefox but am becoming ever frustrated with Chrome especially when I set it up and it keeps defaulting its settings like spell checker and dns options.

I am in another room so using a cable is not really viable plus I have just looked in the wireless router settings and changed the wireless channel to number 1 as it was on smart 11 setting, it seems to be a bit better now, I did this because my BT Home Hub 3 is next to my digital cordless telephone so was trying to stop any interference issues.

Also, I am on BT Infinity Option 2 which is unlimited option so there is no bloody excuse really.

I wasn't suggesting using the cable as a permanant solution, just as a test to eliminate your internet connection and your laptop system.