UKIP coming up on the inside!

Any evidence of that, or is that just your drivel?

UKIP's platform is quite clearly very right wing on immigration, climate change denial, public sector cuts and so on. They are to the right of the Conservative party and their appeal is strongest for those of a right wing persuasion.

I'm not 100% suprised to see UKIP doing well in the polls with the Euro being in a real mess. We shall see how they do in the local elections and if they pick up any council seats. Generally UKIP do best in Euro elections where they campaign on their main policy of the European Union, not so much in local elections where a lot of their main policies seem less relevent.

UKIP's platform is quite clearly very right wing on immigration, climate change denial, public sector cuts and so on. They are to the right of the Conservative party and their appeal is strongest for those of a right wing persuasion.

I'm not 100% suprised to see UKIP doing well in the polls with the Euro being in a real mess. We shall see how they do in the local elections and if they pick up any council seats. Generally UKIP do best in Euro elections where they campaign on their main policy of the European Union, not so much in local elections where a lot of their main policies seem less relevent.

To me UKIP support is a signal to the other parties of what the country is wanting!

Once done, UKIP will disappear and Conservatives will probably gain to current Labour figures.

There was a bit of discussion of UKIP and their policies on this thread which seemed a bit xenophobic.

To me UKIP support is a signal to the other parties of what the country is wanting!

Once done, UKIP will disappear and Conservatives will probably gain to current Labour figures.

There's certainly a good number who want out of the EU. I'm not somebody in that camp myself (only a moderate Euro-sceptic) but that view is out there and UKIP mops up those votes very well.

The other factor that may contributing here is disillusionment with the 3 main parties, although I'm not sure about comparing the Lib Dem and UKIP votes though as I think it may be a bit of a stretch for somebody who believes in pre-coalition Lib Dem policies to suddenly vote for a completely different platform from UKIP.

There was a bit of discussion of UKIP and their policies on this thread which seemed a bit xenophobic.

Other than discussing the OP's own website, there isn't any links to anything, so it's all SF'ers personal comments.

genuinely cant....

Who can predict what 70million people may vote???

Hoping for less of the big 3 parties and more independents/greens/ukip.

70 million?

That's more than the population of the UK - and unless things have changed the 20 plus percent aged under 18 can't vote.

And that's not to mention the previously mentioned likelyhood of low turnouts.

Who can predict what 70million people may vote?

Point of information: not all areas have elections in May 2012.

Vote UKIP its time for a change...:)

What is their stance on employee holiday/sick pay, out of interest?

70 million?

That's more than the population of the UK - and unless things have changed the 20 plus percent aged under 18 can't vote.

And that's not to mention the previously mentioned likelyhood of low turnouts.

Good point ;)

Don't know, I assume they'll have to abide by the current legislation, or change it...

I'm voting for them. Its time for a change. Lab/Lib/Con liars, cheats and no good...

I'm with you, I think:huh:

They'd send them all back.