UKIP coming up on the inside!

There is another big plus factor here aswell.

If UKIP supporters see themselves getting 9+% of the vote but no possible seats or only 1 or 2, then yet again, the PR question will come up. :)

That's the way I see it ;)

Outside the marginals there are lots of tory seats where labour came third to the lib dems and lots of labour seats where the torys come third to the lib dems. If ukip have overtaken the lib dems then I'd have thought that would result in a fair few second places for UKIP, but no actual seats.

You know, im a bloody bugger for skim reading....and i did that in your initial post. *smacks hand*

I think your right. Next months council elections down south will prove interesting. I cant wait to see the tory press on May 6th. ;)

You know, im a bloody bugger for skim reading....and i did that in your initial post. *smacks hand*

I think your right. Next months council elections down south will prove interesting. I cant wait to see the tory press on May 6th. ;)

Go on, predict the headline!

Go on, predict the headline!

genuinely cant....

Who can predict what 70million people may vote???

Hoping for less of the big 3 parties and more independents/greens/ukip.

Edited by green

I'd love to see UKIP do well, gain some momentum and start picking up Parliamentary seats too. One thing they have to do though is change their £ logo, Euro membership will never be on the cards again, but the logo makes it look like they're still a single issue party about saving the pound. Nigel Farage is a great orator, I think very honest for a politician, says things as he sees it and he is usually right. Go UKIP!

there are millions of immigrants in the uk thousands flood in everyday at a alarming rate who do you think they will vote for? obviously the party that give them money and a free home UKIP dont stand a chance

there are millions of immigrants in the uk thousands flood in everyday at a alarming rate who do you think they will vote for? obviously the party that give them money and a free home UKIP dont stand a chance

mmm, Galloway was as clever as ever with his one trick pony today at PMQ's.

I'd love to see UKIP do well, gain some momentum and start picking up Parliamentary seats too. One thing they have to do though is change their £ logo, Euro membership will never be on the cards again, but the logo makes it look like they're still a single issue party about saving the pound. Nigel Farage is a great orator, I think very honest for a politician, says things as he sees it and he is usually right. Go UKIP!

The problem with UKIP is they are trying to have a manifesto like a normal party, when they are not. If UKIP's manifesto was simply hold a referendum on Britains membership of the EU, if people want to stay in the EU then disolve the government and hold an election in which they won't stand, if people want to leave then make that happen within 6 months then disolve and hold an election in which they won't stand then I think they would stand a chance of winning a majority. Having a "manifesto" which is a sort of little englander whine puts many people off voting for them. They are a single issue party, their manifesto commitments should reflect that.

Really? I suppose it personal opinion, but i often feels he comes across as Mr Angry Old Man Syndrome?

Farage is their weakest link. As an outsider he can rant all all he likes but he shows no potential as a leader of the country or even a coalition partner. UKIP are the flavour of the month for a protest vote to give the big three a mid term kicking but this is only a council election and Labour will still be running our council. All that will happen here is that UKIP may split the opposition and weaken it. That's hardly a desired outcome ..................... except for Labour

The problem with UKIP is they are trying to have a manifesto like a normal party, when they are not. If UKIP's manifesto was simply hold a referendum on Britains membership of the EU, if people want to stay in the EU then disolve the government and hold an election in which they won't stand, if people want to leave then make that happen within 6 months then disolve and hold an election in which they won't stand then I think they would stand a chance of winning a majority. Having a "manifesto" which is a sort of little englander whine puts many people off voting for them. They are a single issue party, their manifesto commitments should reflect that.

They may seem to be a single issue party but once in power they may reveal a range of right-wing policies which should appeal to the white under-educated middle and working classes who will swallow their populist drivel.

They may seem to be a single issue party but once in power they may reveal a range of right-wing policies which should appeal to the white under-educated middle and working classes who will swallow their populist drivel.

Any evidence of that, or is that just your drivel?

Farage is their weakest link. As an outsider he can rant all all he likes but he shows no potential as a leader of the country or even a coalition partner. UKIP are the flavour of the month for a protest vote to give the big three a mid term kicking but this is only a council election and Labour will still be running our council. All that will happen here is that UKIP may split the opposition and weaken it. That's hardly a desired outcome ..................... except for Labour

Do you think the people who would be possibly voting UKIP now were Tory voters previously in Sheffield? Im sure thats what you mean by splitting the opposition?

Im not so sure....:suspect: I think in Sheffield they are more likely to be Labour voters. Im happy to be proven wrong though. They cant all be ex BNP voters...as they never welded 9% in the polls ever.