Fuel Tanker drivers Reject Proposed Deal ..

I'm rather confused about who would be going on strike.

The petrol companies long ago got rid of their tanker fleets and contracted the deliveries out to private haulage contractors. As far as I understand it is around 2000 of these drivers who are in the unite union are in dispute with their employers.

I don't know if this involves most tanker drivers, or whether there are many others who are not working for these companies or are not members of unite union.

There are also many independent operators who make their own arrangements to get fuel from the refineries to their forecourts.

People should not panic buy as that is what is pushing up the prices.

Having said that we have filled up our car and we will be driving around various petrol stations filling up jerry cans so our way of life is not disrupted.

On the plus side if the fuel prices go up, then poor people will be priced off the roads and this will reduce traffic jams

So we are being held to ransom by the unions, Labour who have influence over them are doing nothing, yet the media still blames the government, when are they going to start asking the unions and Labour difficult questions.

Labour are making us pay for their petty squabbles! They will then use this to attack the government, hypocrites!

Yawwwnn more of the usual Daily Fail tripe spouted by you. Unions do not hold people and businesses to ransom, if I assume that's what you mean. A union does not call a strike, they ballot their members on whether they should accept specific terms and conditions and ask them if they are prepared to take strike action should negotiations fail. Unions are there to try and settle disputes between employees and their employers. I suspect you're one of those people who would like to see the return of workhouses and public floggings etc, am I right?

Yawwwnn more of the usual Daily Fail tripe spouted by you. Unions do not hold people and businesses to ransom, if I assume that's what you mean. A union does not call a strike, they ballot their members on whether they should accept specific terms and conditions and ask them if they are prepared to take strike action should negotiations fail. Unions are there to try and settle disputes between employees and their employers. I suspect you're one of those people who would like to see the return of workhouses and public floggings etc, am I right?

No you are wrong in your assumptions!

So are you really saying we are not being ransomed by the unions / workers for more money off us? Really!

No you are wrong in your assumptions!

So are you really saying we are not being ransomed by the unions / workers for more money off us? Really!

They are not striking because of salary.

They are not striking because of salary.

Did I mention the word salary?

Did you answer the question?

If they do go on strike , they have my total support. I do not care one iota about being inconvenienced. Anything to get rid of this damned unelected government is OK by me.

That isn't what they are trying to achieve!

Have you never heard the term "hidden agenda" ?:huh:

So are you saying it is a Labour conceived plan to wangle more money out of us?

Did I mention the word salary?

Did you answer the question?

How do you think they are going to get more money off us and who is us anyway?

Yes I did

How do you think they are going to get more money off us and who is us anyway?

Yes I did

As explained on the news the other night, all the cost increases are thrown straight back to us, on petrol, which also influences other goods and services, they were surprised however that it hasn't affected large supermarkets.

No, you didn't! You answered some other question...

No. You said that.:)

You inferred it, I was just asking for clarification of your statement!

As explained on the news the other night, all the cost increases are thrown straight back to us, on petrol, which also influences other goods and services, they were surprised however that it hasn't affected large supermarkets.

No, you didn't! You answered some other question...

So you're saying any strike action will increase petrol prices and is the fault of the unions and not greedy businesses who sell petrol etc at increased prices?