Help needed with insurance for pet boarding and dog walking

Cerid

Hi everyone I am needing some help on sorting out insurance for dog walking and pet sitting (in my home).

Most of the pets I sit are exotics and reptiles, along with the usually pet rabbits hamster extra. My landlord now wont let us board dogs n cats but will let us board any other animal. (they dont want dog smell linguring in the house, not my words).

Due to boarding exotics does anyone know what company will insure me to board them? The vet bills will be more than lets say treatment for a rabbit.

Also if an animal does need veterinary attention do I pay for the vet bills first then get some money back from insurance or do i forward everything to the insurance? Im new to this insurance thing so really need as much help as I can get. At the moment we only board my friends animals sugar gliders hedgehogs, rabbits and mice, due to alot of people wanting me to be insured.

I used to do dog walking too and I would like to get back into this but would like insurance first.

I know a lot of people these days will only board with people who have insurance.

All help is welcome, but please dont be mean a lot of things get to me easy these days so please try and not be mean. :)

Thank you x

fortis do insurance for dog walking

and for small animal boarding we use Pet buisness Insurance ,

we have a form which customers sign to say they will pay for vets treatment ! its legally binding we also have our own vets who does any treatment we need. I think people like the security of knowing that they are covered hence why people want this , it also shows you ar serious about what you are doing.

Im currently looking a pet business insurance.

I still dont quite get the vet bill part.

So forexample, theres two rabbits in a hutch and one of them bites the other and it needs a vet to check over it. What happens when I recieve the bill and the owner isnt back for lets say another week or so. I pay for it?

Here is a copy of the pet business insurance for vet fees. Who ever pays for the vet do the insurance pay you back?

Section 5 - Vets Fees

Cover

Vets fees for injury or illness to animals in your care, excluding breeding vaccinations and pre-existing conditions

Limit of liability

£1,500 each animal

Death from injury or illness

£1,500 each animal

Loss from theft or straying

£1,500 each animal

Advertising and reward following theft or loss

£350 each animal

Reimbursement of fees following death or loss

£350 each animal

Sorry if it comes out to be a simple answer I just dont understand :hihi::confused:

Normally you can make an agrement with the vet , ours is that he will wait and be paid on the customers return if they don't pay up then i would pay up as a matter of being honest and then go to the small claims court where they would award in our favour, In 8 years its never happend

im insured with cliverton:)

if you are boarding 2 rabbits together from same home,i doubt they would bite each other anyway,iv had rabbits for years never had any bite the other.

you would have a contract that states the owner will be liable upon there return to pay any vet bills,also on your contract you would have the vets they use on there anyway,

im insured with cliverton:)

if you are boarding 2 rabbits together from same home,i doubt they would bite each other anyway,iv had rabbits for years never had any bite the other.

you would have a contract that states the owner will be liable upon there return to pay any vet bills,also on your contract you would have the vets they use on there anyway,

I have known a bonded pair bite each other as its not a home environment and they can be jumpy from the journey, thats why we watch them for a while and monitor whats going on.

think the main thing about insurance is make sure your legal in every way before you get covered whether its just for dog walking . small animal care . i home board and am fully licensed by the council so many advertise it but are not licensed in a claim they would not be covered. so please make sure your covered for every eventuality. i have been with cliverton many years but there policies have changed in recent years . so just keep shopping around and read the small print as otherwise they will get you

also any animals in my care if i am at fault and touch wood in 15 years in this business i havent been , but if so i would pay any veterinary bills myself .i have contracts but sometimes not worth paper there written on so you have to be very careful how you word things with each individual animal

also any animals in my care if i am at fault and touch wood in 15 years in this business i havent been , but if so i would pay any veterinary bills myself .i have contracts but sometimes not worth paper there written on so you have to be very careful how you word things with each individual animal

Thats why we had our drawn up by a qualified solicitor so they are water tight !:)

dont think anything is ever water tight folk read into things what they want a lot can be hearsay i looked into that route many years ago and was advised its not worth it , i go on my bonds with my clients some i have had 12 plus years and over time trust is the main thing very hard when your just setting up and new on the scene so i do feel for the new ones . but in time they do get there hope teeny that works for you , you dont homeboard though do you ?. as you will know some fantastic folk out there and then you do get some akward ones . which hopefully i havent met yet in all my years , still time though:):)