Albuferia Portugal

Hi

Myself and pertner are moving over to Albufeira for the summer.

Wondering if anybody can offer any advise on general living out there.

We are also looking for accomdation - 1 bedroom, furnished, air con, communal pool - does anybody have such or know a contact who does?

Many Thanks in advance

Just drive defensively, the Portuguese are very dangerous drivers. Tolls have been introduced on the A22 motorway, the one you are likely to use to and from the airport and you are supposed to go to a post office and buy some gadget to record your journeys. It has been badly organised and you are unable to pay when you return a hire car and have to wait until they send you a letter at your home address, it's crazy. Best advice from all the many letters in the local English paper is to just go home and wait to see what comes in the post, don't waste hours trying to pay. See the letters for yourself in current and back issues of 'The Portugal News' now available on-line. Sorry I can't help with accommodation but the AFPOP site may help.

Hi

Myself and pertner are moving over to Albufeira for the summer.

Wondering if anybody can offer any advise on general living out there.

We are also looking for accomdation - 1 bedroom, furnished, air con, communal pool - does anybody have such or know a contact who does?

Many Thanks in advance

Hi,try Google "Albufeira.com loads of stuff on there, about driving over here,well both women and men do drive to close"tail gateing" they do it with each other not only tourists, if you do drive,remember to carry your passport,insurance,drivers licence and make sure the car carries warning red triangle plus yellow jackets (enough for all passengers) don,t worry about the tolls they are not in force anywhere in Portugal yet. P.S. don,t leave your documents in the car,even if you only get out for a coffee or such,as there have been reports of thefts from cars,even parked at cafe,s . Enjoy your visit:)

Tare 19 gives good advice re documents and yellow jackets etc, but I don't know where he's been to be saying the tolls are not in operation ! Just have a read of the letters pages in The Portugal News on line over the last 6 months, it's been dominated by the confusion caused by the tolls now operating on the A22 motorway.