Sheffield Wednesday v Carlisle Match Thread

Bloody 1-1 last week against Colchester has bit us mind...
yep pal theres been 1 or 2 too many of those, if we had held on for the win in those matches we'd probably be champs and charlton and united scrapping it out for second, but thats the difference between us and charlton, they shut up shop and killed the game by spoiling opposition play as soon as they scored

a team can have the ball for 60% of the time and do nothing with it, if they are just knocking around and not pushing forward or making chances it looks to the fans like they they are being over run by a team that attacks consistantly and without interuption, in the history books only the result will stand not how it got there

Look at Barca's possesion vs Chelsea.... and lost 1-0.

Goals are what matters, and the Owls popped up at the right time.

Look at Barca's possesion vs Chelsea.... and lost 1-0.

Goals are what matters, and the Owls popped up at the right time.

spot on Robbie

Has anyone actually mentioned that Wednesday are 12 unbeaten?pretty impressive.

you dont have to be in possession of the football to be in control of the game

9 wins 3 draws started from thr win against United I think ...

all this lucky talk is a load of ********, I guess Man U are constantly lucky then.

all this lucky talk is a load of ********, I guess Man U are constantly lucky then.

I love it when the Owls compare themselves with Man Utd :D

I love it when the Owls compare themselves with Man Utd :D

:roll:.................

Huddersfield were over 40 games unbeaten, still in L1 though and not that good a bet in the playoffs!

The dropped points since Megson left were all against lesser teams (the owls seem to do better in the big ones) - Rochdale, Walsall and Colchester - so perhaps Brentford and Wycombe won't be the easy wins some might expect.

As for possession, Barcelona had apparently 72% possession against Real earlier, yet had less shots on goal or corners - they must be passing it around the back four half the time!

Huddersfield were over 40 games unbeaten, still in L1 though and not that good a bet in the playoffs!

The dropped points since Megson left were all against lesser teams (the owls seem to do better in the big ones) - Rochdale, Walsall and Colchester - so perhaps Brentford and Wycombe won't be the easy wins some might expect.

As for possession, Barcelona had apparently 72% possession against Real earlier, yet had less shots on goal or corners - they must be passing it around the back four half the time!

Its a pretty impressive run considering it has come at the end of the season, when we really needed a good run we have put one together. We were almost dead and buried a couple of months back and now look at us. What are you talking about Real and Barca for?

My only grumble about today is that the midfield sat back for most of the second half. I lost count of the the number of times we broke forward and put a cross in and most of our midfield were still sat on the halfway line having not bothered to push out. It looked like we were defending a 1-0 win. That gave them the chance to get more possession and fashion a few chances of their own.

Only after we'd conceded (and I agree that shouldn't have been a free kick) did we really start attacking properly again.

Our strength this season has been our attack and Carlisle clearly had trouble stopping us when we went forward. Why hamstring ourselves by keeping half our team in defence?

Yup, agree with that. Apart from that one run that he made, did Lines venture past the halfway line?