Wheeler Dealers Programme Love it or Hate It?

Hi all, as someone whos always wanted to own a classic (Rover P5 or Jag Mk2as dream cars) ,but never been able to

a.get the cash together

and

b. had the bottle to actually do it,

I love Wheeler Dealers. Just wondered what you guys thought about it ?Love It or Hate It?

Ive picked up some "top tips" from Edd China that if I ever do get my act together I`m sure will be useful.

Anyone else benifitted from his avise?

YEAH we all watch it but it can be frustrating.when working on classics depends on if your mecanically minded .things never seem to be as easy as they should be . ie broken studs. rust.seiezed components working in cold cramped conditions . you never seem to have the right tools or enough tools people dont realise how easy it is with a proper workshop.if it all goes according to plan it sgreat.haveing said that when its running great the suns out theres nothing better so take the plunge . i must like classics ive been driving them for 30 years . modern cars have no soul they all look the same. so GO FOR IT. spares are usually easy to find for most classics . thers classic car insurance . pre 1972 no road tax .

I like Edd China and find the programme informative but Mike Brewer makes me cringe.

I usually record it on Sky and fast-forward when Brewer's on the screen, often buying cars without checking them properly and then virtually giving them away to the 'buyers' after all Edd's hard work. I reckon Edd could do the show on his own!

Yeah, Edd's great, although his undoubted skill and knowledge are backed up by every tool that has ever been invented and as much time as he needs (which, incidentally, is never included in the profit calculations!)

Still one of my favourite shows though.

Get rid of Mike Brewer and the parts of the program after the ads that remind you what you saw 5 mins ago, increase the time spent on Ed's work and you'd have a great show. When they did the show last Tuesday on the 914 Porker, Brewer's only contribution was to get the wheels polished. Every time he speaks in that southern car salesman voice and uses the term 'we' makes me wince. I wonder though when Ed's attempts to re-starts a car for the 'first' time after engine work, if it ever fails?

i watch it but i question the quality of restoration, its like changing rooms. have a look at this beauty,

frog eyed sprite resprayed from red to iris blue, in the clip they show you the re spray theyre delighted with.

have a look on the gear shift mount closeley theres about 3 paint runs clearly visible:hihi:

It must be great having a mate like Ed China who has a big workshop and works for free !!!!

Maybe Ed is independantly wealthy and enjoys doing a weeks work for no pay.

i love to watch it being a car freak myself and always wanted to be a mechanic. i spent 3 years at college doing it.

tbh mike brewer is just cheesy as hell. the way he picks faults out with cars annoys me.

any why is it when there seems to be a problem and it actualy looks serious, it always turn out to be something simple and very cheap.

Can't help thinking they wasted a shed load of money on brakes on the XK8 this week. Recently they got an extra 35bhp out of a Scooby having the engine remapped so surely the money they spent on the XK8 would have been better spent upping the paltry 290 bhp that the 4.0 litre kicks out?

I like Wheeler Dealers but the recent switch to more expensive out of reach cars (well for me anyway) just mirrors the rest of the 'car' programmes on TV these days. I hate Top Gear et al, it just seems like a ego trip for the presenters. Still I suppose such programmes are classed as entertainment not factual.

I like Wheeler Dealers but the recent switch to more expensive out of reach cars (well for me anyway) just mirrors the rest of the 'car' programmes on TV these days. I hate Top Gear et al, it just seems like a ego trip for the presenters. Still I suppose such programmes are classed as entertainment not factual.

That's a great Avatar you've got. Reminds me of the days I used to work at Radio Hallam as a runner between the teleprinter and Stuart Linnell in the Sportsroom and played for their footy team with the likes of Peter Springett & Ken Knighton. Happy Days.........

Thanks very much. It takes me back to the 70s when I was just a nipper, the six weeks holidays seemed so long and the sun shined in summer (that could be imagination).