Where to get a loan

hi everyone,

im trying to get a loan to get a new motor bike, my bank are very very hard to get a loan from so im wondering if anyone knows of any other places i could get a loan from iv seen tescos do one but how safe are they.......

i know a few places but are they safe and not going to charge me well over the odds for getting a loan

i know a few places but are they safe and not going to charge me well over the odds for getting a loan

Use the comparison site above..you'll get a broad picture of what your loan could cost you..

Banks have got the lowest interest rate so expect to pay more any where els,

i know but actually getting one from santander is like trying to get water to turn to wine

if your credit rating is ok try another bank, Halifax is allways trying to lend me money

hi everyone,

im trying to get a loan to get a new motor bike, my bank are very very hard to get a loan from so im wondering if anyone knows of any other places i could get a loan from iv seen tescos do one but how safe are they.......

Try a credit union!

Normally offer better rates than mainstream lenders.

Try a credit union!

Normally offer better rates than mainstream lenders.

Quite the reverse, actually. They're expensive to borrow from compared to high street banks. They're only a good option for people who have bad credit and can only find expensive credit.

Gold Loan (12.68% - 26.8%)

Available to members who have saved a regular amount for a minimum of 12 weeks or 3 months.

Bronze Loan (26.8%)

Affordable loans which do not require a savings account but under the condition that you begin to save with us.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

If your not sure whether you can get a loan try Nationwide. They will do a 'soft' credit search and will let you know your anticipated APR.

If its too high then cancel and this will not leave a mark on your credit file. If you have or keep applying for credit with lenders this will have a detrimental effect on your credit score.

Also try to get a credit report through the likes of Equifax, this will also give you an idea as to whether you can get a loan and a decent apr.

Good luck, lenders, especially lenders part owned by the government are not brilliant at giving loans out should you have or had a dodgy financial history.

If your not sure whether you can get a loan try Nationwide. They will do a 'soft' credit search and will let you know your anticipated APR.

If its too high then cancel and this will not leave a mark on your credit file. If you have or keep applying for credit with lenders this will have a detrimental effect on your credit score.

Also try to get a credit report through the likes of Equifax, this will also give you an idea as to whether you can get a loan and a decent apr.

Good luck, lenders, especially lenders part owned by the government are not brilliant at giving loans out should you have or had a dodgy financial history.

Moneysupermarket will also do a soft search (i.e. no trace to lenders) of your file and report your likelyhood of getting a loan from various lenders in their results.

Depending upon the amount you want to borrow it may also be worthwhile looking into putting it onto a credit card and then shifting the balance to another card at 0%. This should only be attempted if you have a good rating and memory.

jb

Edited by barleycorn