Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

No, lust is about the parts!

Straight people can also lust after something thats different to what they have at home, it doesnt mean theyd ever act on it. But youre insinuating that bisexual people cant control the urge, and thats just wrong.

I was repeating what Ecconoob said. Want to retract those insults please?
Oh take it like a man!

---------- Post added 20-01-2017 at 00:08 ----------

What in the name of jesus christ are you talking about...

one person only???

Look pal, I don't believe in Jesus Christ, nor do I believe in any of the 2700 god that man has invented over the years, but I do think it is incredibly intensive of you to the feelings of those who do to blaspheme in this way. Taking the Lord's name in vain in that way demonstrates a callous disregard for other people's feelings.

If you cannot remain civil I will be happy to suspend your accounts while you learn to do so.

Okay, sure, there are some bisexuals who chose to marry / partner-up with one person for life, but if they do that they must deny half their sexuality. It's not a recipe for a happiness. If they can be satisfied by one person of the same or the opposite sex, permanently, without feeling that they are missing out on something, then perhaps they are not truly bisexual.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 23:29 ----------

No. "Retro" would be finding something wrong with bisexuality. Saying that a bisexual person can be fully happy married (exclusively) to one other person is like saying that a heterosexual can be happy married to a person of the same sex, or that a homosexual can be married to a person of the opposite sex. Maybe that works for some of them, but a sexuality is something that needs to be fulfilled in order to achieve happiness. If someone fancies both men and women, they're going to be missing out with just the one.

Is this opinion of yours based on your knowledge of bisexual people and what they have told you or is it something you've arrived at completely by yourself?

Is this opinion of yours based on your knowledge of bisexual people and what they have told you or is it something you've arrived at completely by yourself?

Having read a string of his posts further up the page it seems clear to me that this poster has a shockingly poor understanding of human relationships and sexuality, coupled with a strong tendency to confidently assert how others feel and must behave despite being clueless about both.

Think he just made it up frankly.

Edited by Halibut

Presumably he also doesn't know anyone bisexual who could correct him. Although perhaps he'd just tell them that they were wrong.

Oh take it like a man!

---------- Post added 20-01-2017 at 00:08 ----------

Look pal, I don't believe in Jesus Christ, nor do I believe in any of the 2700 god that man has invented over the years, but I do think it is incredibly intensive of you to the feelings of those who do to blaspheme in this way. Taking the Lord's name in vain in that way demonstrates a callous disregard for other people's feelings.

Well said, like you I'm not religious but quite a few on here take a delight in mocking what christians believe in. They wouldn't dare take the name of a Muslim deity in vain.

Well said, like you I'm not religious but quite a few on here take a delight in mocking what christians believe in. They wouldn't dare take the name of a Muslim deity in vain.

In what possible way is saying 'in the name of Jesus Christ...' blasphemous? How is that mocking Christianity? How do you know that the poster wasn't Christian?

In what possible way is saying 'in the name of Jesus Christ...' blasphemous? How is that mocking Christianity? How do you know that the poster wasn't Christian?

Because we both know it's meant as an insult to Christianity. And I repeat it wouldn't be used in the same way quoting a Muslim deity, you're quite welcome to do that, I certainly wouldn't because I wouldn't knowingly mock someone's beliefs in that way.

Edited by gomgeg

Because we both know it's meant as an insult to Christianity. And I repeat it wouldn't be used in the same way quoting a Muslim deity, you're quite welcome to do that, I certainly wouldn't because I wouldn't knowingly mock someone's beliefs in that way.

We both know that do we? I certainly don't think it was meant as an insult to Christianity, and am pretty sure the poster didn't mean it in that way either. I'm really not sure how saying 'in the name of Jesus Christ' is mocking Christianity any more than saying 'in the name of Mohammad' is mocking Islam. Are people really that precious these days? Jesus Christ... or Muḥammad ibn `Abd Allāh....

I imagine the poster thought they would start attacking other posters as they realised how weak and nonsensical their argument was. Instead of conceding they completely abandoned their argument and rudely started having a go at posters instead.

As this is completely off topic I suggest we get back to discussion at hand.

We both know that do we? I certainly don't think it was meant as an insult to Christianity, and am pretty sure the poster didn't mean it in that way either. I'm really not sure how saying 'in the name of Jesus Christ' is mocking Christianity any more than saying 'in the name of Mohammad' is mocking Islam. Are people really that precious these days? Jesus Christ... or Muḥammad ibn `Abd Allāh....

I imagine the poster thought they would start attacking other posters as they realised how weak and nonsensical their argument was. Instead of conceding they completely abandoned their argument and rudely started having a go at posters instead.

As this is completely off topic I suggest we get back to discussion at hand.

As I said, I'm not religious but take objection to certain things, perhaps I was a bit over the top in my reaction to this one, one of the regular posters on here has referred in the past to 'Christ on a stick' on here which I would regard as a direct reference to the crucifixion and an insult to christians.

Back on topic, no I wouldn't have dated a bisexual person or a gay person.

That's my personal preference just as when I did most of my dating I didn't date any ugly or fat lasses. Not because I'd got anything against them I just didn't fancy them.

Mind you when I think back to when I did most of my dating in the 60s I can't really remember any ugly or fat ones, I used to think most of the girls were gorgeous, probably because the fashions then encouraged them to be feminine.

Surely exactly the same questions apply to dating someone who is bisexual as they do to dating anybody?

Is there mutual attraction?

Do you enjoy sharing time together?

Do you share mutual values on how the relationship will work together, including exclusivity, finances, children, aims etc?

Is the implication of the thread that anybody who is bisexual going to be less attractive or less able to maintain monogamy?

My thoughts on this aspect are that while a bisexual person is maintaining a monogamous relationship they are likely to be needing to fulfil the other side of their sexuality. I would think the risk of being unfaithful has to be greater due to this.