Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

What? I think you misunderstand what a bisexual person is. It has nothing to do with them wanting to have more than one sexual partner.
Okay, sure, there are some bisexuals who chose to marry / partner-up with one person for life, but if they do that they must deny half their sexuality. It's not a recipe for a happiness. If they can be satisfied by one person of the same or the opposite sex, permanently, without feeling that they are missing out on something, then perhaps they are not truly bisexual.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 23:29 ----------

It feels quite retro to be having this conversation at all to be honest. I thought we got over all this in the 90s
It feels quite retro to be having this conversation at all to be honest. I thought we got over all this in the 90s
No. "Retro" would be finding something wrong with bisexuality. Saying that a bisexual person can be fully happy married (exclusively) to one other person is like saying that a heterosexual can be happy married to a person of the same sex, or that a homosexual can be married to a person of the opposite sex. Maybe that works for some of them, but a sexuality is something that needs to be fulfilled in order to achieve happiness. If someone fancies both men and women, they're going to be missing out with just the one.

Okay, sure, there are some bisexuals who chose to marry / partner-up with one person for life, but if they do that they must deny half their sexuality. It's not a recipe for a happiness. If they can be satisfied by one person of the same or the opposite sex, permanently, without feeling that they are missing out on something, then perhaps they are not truly bisexual.

Again, I think you're somewhat confused.

When anyone chooses to marry/parter-up with one person for life then they are choosing to not act on feelings they have for all other people that they might be attracted to.

It doesn't matter if that is just one gender of people, or two.

And like I say, it perhaps hinges on the definition of "dating".

What in the name of jesus christ are you talking about.

IF someone who is bisexual eventually meets a partner who they fall in love with and want to settle down with, that person could be of the same sex OR the opposite sex.

Just like any other person you dont know who that special person will be until you meet them. Sometimes people never happen to meet "the one"

That an apply to ANY sexuality

Do you seriously think that being bisexual somehow has a mental deficiency that stops someone from settling down and truely having feelings for one person only???

Again, I think you're somewhat confused.

When anyone chooses to marry/parter-up with one person for life then they are choosing to not act on feelings they have for all other people that they might be attracted to.

It doesn't matter if that is just one gender of people, or two.

Again, I think you are wrong about that. A woman doesn't have male parts, and vice versa, so if it's those parts that you fancy one night, then you can't have them! That must be difficult for some. Can you not see that?

Again, I think you are wrong about that. A woman doesn't have male parts, and vice versa, so if it's those parts that you fancy one night, then you can't have them! That must be difficult for some. Can you not see that?

Im fairly sure its not about the 'parts' but about the person.

If youre a monogamous person its totally irrelevant if youre gay/straight or bi.

A bisexual person is attracted to both sexes, its doesnt mean they NEED to be with both sexes.

I can see that you don't understand what bisexuality is. As Ecconoob pointed out, you seem to think that bisexually is a mental deficiency that stops someone from settling down with only one person. That is blatantly ridiculous.

Im fairly sure its not about the 'parts' but about the person.

If youre a monogamous person its totally irrelevant if youre gay/straight or bi.

A bisexual person is attracted to both sexes, its doesnt mean they NEED to be with both sexes.

No, lust is about the parts!

Can you not see that when you fall in love with a deemed life partner you dont change your mind about what you fancy "one night"

If a hetrosexual man falls in love and marries a red haired, petite woman with A cup breasts and pink nipples, do you serious think that "one night" he suddenly has an urge to rampantly have it away with a jet black haired, 6ft woman with brown nipples and GG breasts?

What part of this dont you understand. What seriously makes you think that bisexual people are incapable of settling down with ONE chosen sex.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 23:51 ----------

With you totally on that one.

I thought we had got over all this earlier than that to be honest. Jesus, its been legal in this country for nearly 50 years and part of mainstream society for at least 30.

Just shows how people still find it a big issue and let their intolerence and general ignorence shine through.

Its pathetic.

I can see that you don't understand what bisexuality is. As Ecconoob pointed out, you seem to think that bisexually is a mental deficiency that stops someone from settling down with only one person. That is blatantly ridiculous.
Hi Robin! You are wilfully misrepresenting my position. No way could anything I have said be interpreted in the way you pretend. Nowhere have I said or suggested that bisexuality is a mental deficiency. How dare you! Have you no constructive argument? Do you have to resort to ad-hominem attacks to make your point?

Hi Robin! You are wilfully misrepresenting my position. No way could anything I have said be interpreted in the way you pretend. Nowhere have I said or suggested that bisexuality is a mental deficiency. How dare you! Have you no constructive argument? Do you have to resort to ad-hominem attacks to make your point?

I was repeating what Ecconoob said. Want to retract those insults please?

. A bisexual person would be trapped in a relationship with just one other person, and would be unhappy.

"Trapped" in a relationship and "be unhappy"

Those are the words you chose. AKA, not capable of having a loving and stable relationship with ONE person of ONE sex without being forced to be unhappy.

What would you call that then. You are clearly hinting at some deficiency they have in comparison to those hetrosexuals.

Come on, spit it out....

Edited by ECCOnoob