Sheffield Knitters - Meets

CK1967

Hi all, :wave:

Sheffield Knitters now have 2 groups running in Sheffield City Centre

Wednesday 11am - 1pm

Thursday 4.30pm - 6.30pm

Both meets are held at Premier Inn, Angel Street, Sheffield in the Bar & Restaurant on the 1st Floor.

The venue is fully accessible for wheelchair users and the hotel staff are always on hand to help out.

The group is open to anyone over 18 years old and is free of charge.

We are a mixed bunch of all abilities; complete beginners to human knitting machines so everyone will be made welcome.

For further information contact Cheryl on 07789 110280 or by email at sheffieldknitters@gmail.com

Happy knitting to all!

Cheryl x

Hi Nova

Yes just come to the hotel and take the lift or stairs to the first floor and we're in the bar/restaurant there.

Which meeting were you looking at? Just had our first teatime session tonight and I'm glad to say it was brill!

If you have any questions or want any more information you can either pm me or give me a call on 07789 110280. Before people start saying that I'm giving out personal information the phone number is the general group mobile and the details are on all our posters! :)

We've just started a FB so it might be worth having a look at that as well although it's only in it's early stages yet.

Hope to see you soon,

Regards,

Cheryl.

• 1 month later...
Is this just for hand knitters or machine knitters?

Hi Oggi

So far we've only ever had hand knitters but I can't see any problem with you coming along. The only issues would be a)the size of your machine and b)access to electrical sockets.

I hope I've sort of answered your question but if you want to give me a call we could perhaps try to work something out? The group mobile is 07789 110280.

Have a good day and happy knitting.

Cheryl K

Sheffield Knitters

Is this every Wednesday?

Yes it's every Wednesday - people sometimes stay on and have lunch afterwards so it's quite a social group.

There's also a group on Thursdays 4.30pm - 6.30pm. If you're looking at going to the Thursday group it might be an idea to give me a call or text to check the exact timings as we sometimes go on past 6.30pm. This group is the smaller of the two groups at the moment as it's only been running a few weeks.

Hope this helps,

Keep happy - keep knitting!

Regards,

Cheryl K

Sheffield Knitters

What's the parking situation like?

I do know that there is parking available for blue badge holders at the back of the markets which is a straight line walk of about 5 minutes from the hotel but other than I don't know.

I'm not a driver so I can't help straight away on that but leave it with me and I'll find out for you.

I'll get back to you later today,

Sorry :(

Regards,

Cheryl K

Sheffield Knitters