And then one place was left

I think it's 99% United's place (2nd) and to be fair, when they were 5 points clear with 2 games in hand I doubt any of us thought Wednesday would have run them so close, so credit to everyone at SWFC for the run we've been on.

If however, United do happen to lose to MK Dons on Sat and Wednesday win then it's all opened back up again, although I don't see them losing with the run they're on.

chesterfield for a late surge

Didn't Chesterfield beat you ? Could be contenders

Didn't Chesterfield beat you ? Could be contenders

But then again, United couldn't beat Wednesday and are above them in the league...

If we win one, they have to win three. If they win three we have to win two

If we win one, they have to win three. If they win three we have to win two

Knowing that, realistically, they must win all three games puts some pressure on to Wednesday .. but, they're already guaranteed third spot and don't have to be looking over their shoulder, so they can afford to play "hell or bust." I foresee three matches with quite a few goals in them, at one end or the other.

But then again, United couldn't beat Wednesday and are above them in the league...

Were above everyone in the league bar Charlton ! Now who is thats above you hmmmm I wonder

Knowing that, realistically, they must win all three games puts some pressure on to Wednesday .. but, they're already guaranteed third spot and don't have to be looking over their shoulder, so they can afford to play "hell or bust." I foresee three matches with quite a few goals in them, at one end or the other.

On the other hand, as they're more likely to require the playoff route now, there is every chance the owls may choose to rest some of their regular starters ahead of the semi-final first leg... if not this weekend, then definitely next (depending how close they are then).

Last thing the owls will want is injuries to their best loan players (or picking up a red card) so they miss out. The effort taken to keep the pressure on United is having an effect, and the major performance to see off Huddersfield has probably left some of the players in need of a break - as some owls saw in parts of the Oldham win, and then the dropped points at Colchester.

i didn't realise 3rd spot was guaranteed, hopefully will take some pressure off knowing we can't drop any places. might aswell play with no fear now, wont do any harm

On the other hand, as they're more likely to require the playoff route now, there is every chance the owls may choose to rest some of their regular starters ahead of the semi-final first leg... if not this weekend, then definitely next (depending how close they are then).

Last thing the owls will want is injuries to their best loan players (or picking up a red card) so they miss out. The effort taken to keep the pressure on United is having an effect, and the major performance to see off Huddersfield has probably left some of the players in need of a break - as some owls saw in parts of the Oldham win, and then the dropped points at Colchester.

i doubt he'll rest anyone while theres still chance of us getting second spot. lose on saturday and he may start resting key players then

just hope united play thier last games as if they were in the play offs, they'll be sure to bottle it then, though at the moment it looks like 80/20 in uniteds favout for auto promotion as said earlier footblls a funny old game, it could just happen.

Dave Jones will have those fellas raring to go, Charlton did well but I think we all know they will struggle in the Championship and there manager has had about 10 thousand players to choose from all way through the season.

In all honesty I think any team going into the championship will struggle unless they spend and spend wisely.

Every single team in league one have certain things to worry about, be it losing players, loan players and what have you.