FA Cup Final. Is nothing sacred?

Billy Casper

I see the traditional FA Cup Final kick off time of 3.00pm has been abandoned this year for a 5.15pm kick off.

I'm not sure why but you can bet it has something to do with TV scheduling.

I hate too much change, the Cup Final should be at Wembley on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm!

It says something about it being the first Cup Final under floodlights since the Arsenal v Sheff Weds replay in 1993...Sorry but under floodlights? How dark is it at 5.15pm in May???

It could be that there's some major event going on which actually supersedes the FA Cup final for importance - for instance, something to do with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee going on in London that afternoon - which would justify moving it to the early evening.

However, I'm not aware of any such event, and if there isn't one then we must assume that it's just to get a bigger TV audience.

I see the traditional FA Cup Final kick off time of 3.00pm has been abandoned this year for a 5.15pm kick off.

I'm not sure why but you can bet it has something to do with TV scheduling.

I hate too much change, the Cup Final should be at Wembley on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm!

It says something about it being the first Cup Final under floodlights since the Arsenal v Sheff Weds replay in 1993...Sorry but under floodlights? How dark is it at 5.15pm in May???

Thats coz your getting old ;):D

The fa cup final was the match we dreamed about our team playing in [ well still do ] but even when your team wasnt playing,the final was a massive event. Its not the prized trophy anymore compared to the champions league for the top clubs.

It's not been the same since they stopped playing It's A Knockout and A Question Of Sport during the run up to the actual game.

:hihi:

Completly agree:thumbsup: Also hate it when they tell us what number ball the teams are,we can wait the extra second like we always did.

I love to see the lower teams compete in the cup finals these days, the top dogs of England consist of mainly foreign players and I don't think they have they same sort of respect for the tournament as others. To be in an F.A Cup final with the chance to roll of winners with the biggest cup medal in English football back in the day was probably the single biggest achievement of some players lives, but now players of the big guns merely want european success and I don't believe it to be for the achievement or medal but instead to put a zero or two on their salary.

The idea of taking the top dogs out of English football and forming a new elite league was a very interesting one for me a few years ago, I think it would restore a great deal more traditionalism and pride into english football.

I say get shut of the big guns, revert everything back to the traditional formats and bring back English football!

Bad news for the Scousers, they'll have to get up early if they want to catch a Virgin train to London.

Liverpool fans travelling to Wembley for the FA Cup final on 5 May face more transport misery after it emerged that only three trains will run between Merseyside and London on the day.

Scheduled engineering work has prompted Virgin Trains to cancel all of its Lime Street to Euston services on the day - bar three before 0800 BST.

Story

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.