Anders Breivik sentenced

• 8 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17737085

This man commited an appalling crime.How can a such an extreme right wing terrorist justify such an action.

Psychiatrists appear to disagree on his mental condition.

How can someone like that be normal? It would appear he is still delusional,and still believes what he did was right.Yet he has shed tears in court,(were those for himself or for his 77 tragic victims)

Isn't it terrifying that someone with such political extremist views can become so paranoid,and be full of hatred,and yet be described from former friends as being quiet, friendly and ordinary.

He's calculated, and highly delusional, but he isn't insane. He knew that firing bullets at those people was murder, and he should be punished for murder. His delusion is that he thinks it was a price worth paying to push his ugly political agenda even further.

It's hard not to fan the flames of his awful act by paying attention to him, so I'll accept now that he will get all the media attention he wants and I'll join in also.

The guy MURDER'S 77 innocent people and is caught in the act and he gets a trial ??? Now thats what you lefty human rights idiots have done :loopy:. Wasting their tax payers money, to hear him waffle on about how it was self defence as the victims had been brainwashed into multicultural domination.

The guy wants putting up against a wall and a bullet putting between his eye's.

Think he has a personality disorder. But (see recent thread) he is entitled to be treated in a proper fashion due to his human rights.

He doesn't seem mad at all, just evil...

I'm not sure about his sanity,I expect there is more to be revealed.

I didn't know there was another thread Frank, perhaps the mods will put them together.

I did a lot of NLP courses a few years ago for learning and one of the things that this highlighted for me is the fundamental dichotomy that would occur when someone who genuinely didn't have the same morality as is considered normal in society ended up in front of a court because they had done something which society considered a crime, but they considered it normal.

Most people, when coming up in front of a judge, express remorse, apologise, show understanding that what they have done is, in the eyes of most people, wrong.

What about someone who is a true communist, who does not believe in personal possessions and believes that all items should be available for anybody who needs them to use? If they are charged with theft then if they vow to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in court then they can't apologise or show remorse for what they have done because they genuinely don't believe that they have done anything wrong at all.

In society's eyes they may have committed a crime, but their personal beliefs and morals say that they haven't- I suspect that the same applies with Anders Breivik.

He genuinely does seem to believe that his organisation is/was at war with parts of society, but to what degree these beliefs are due to a rational decision making process and what degree to a mental health problem I can't say and I'm not sure that anybody else, psychiatrist or otherwise, is ever going to be able to say.

Certainly his actions make his release into society a very unlikely event, no matter how long he lives, but whether he's kept in a prison or an institution for the criminally insane is something that will need to be discussed. Personally I think that the only difference will be whether he receives ongoing psychiatric treatment because the end outcome will be the same- he will never be freed, and quite rightly so, given his apparent beliefs.

Edited by medusa
typo

The guy MURDER'S 77 innocent people and is caught in the act and he gets a trial ??? Now thats what you lefty human rights idiots have done :loopy:. Wasting their tax payers money, to hear him waffle on about how it was self defence as the victims had been brainwashed into multicultural domination.

The guy wants putting up against a wall and a bullet putting between his eye's.

What exactly is 'lefty' about a trial? And you are calling other people idiots!

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek