A61 Temporary Lights

Anyone any idea how long these "temporary" lights are going to be up for ? It's getting in to the third month now. The sign at the bottom near the Burger King simply says "for weeks" which is extremely helpful.

Why did they remove the road works during the two weeks in Easter when traffic is lighter due to holidays and no school runs and put them back at soon as the School Easter holidays ended?

I haven't had any need to go up there in the last few weeks and just assumed that they would be gone by now, since they originally stated that they'd be gone by the end of March.

Guess I'll be avoiding the area until further notice then.

I haven't had any need to go up there in the last few weeks and just assumed that they would be gone by now, since they originally stated that they'd be gone by the end of March.

Guess I'll be avoiding the area until further notice then.

There were gone by the end of March. This is now stage 2, as detailed on the Yorkshire Water website.

Work begins on the 6 February 2012 and will go on for roughly 7 weeks. We'll then return in April for about 2 weeks to finish off the work and clean the newly laid pipes. We'll also be working weekends so there may be some disruption for people going into Sheffield or to a Sheffield Wednesday football match

jb

Anyone any idea how long these "temporary" lights are going to be up for ? It's getting in to the third month now. The sign at the bottom near the Burger King simply says "for weeks" which is extremely helpful.

Why did they remove the road works during the two weeks in Easter when traffic is lighter due to holidays and no school runs and put them back at soon as the School Easter holidays ended?

I believe the illuminated sign gives you a commencement date (yesterday)and says they will be in place for 2 weeks.

There are pretty easy routes to bypass the temporary signals if you are going that way at peak times. Out of peak they don't look to be causing much delay.

I believe the illuminated sign gives you a commencement date (yesterday)and says they will be in place for 2 weeks.

There are pretty easy routes to bypass the temporary signals if you are going that way at peak times. Out of peak they don't look to be causing much delay.

Thanks.

The sign at the bottom near the roundabout certainly said "for weeks" this morning.