Sign in to follow this  

Buying a house in Pitsmoor!

I thinkin' of buying a house in the Pitsmoor area as you can get a lot of house for your money. I'm aware of the areas reputation but can anyone advise me on which streets to avoid or which streets to go for? Also what kind of property will £60k get me?

Cheers!!

60K will not get you alot anymore sorry but stay away from Rock Street and Malton Street and the roads around Scott Road are ok

Are Firth Park or Burngreave cheaper?

I don't think Firth Park will be cheaper than that - but if u get the right road it's better area!

But I looked at houses in Burngreave / Pitsmoor when looking - and Wincobank (near Meadowhell).

Good luck

I've seen 3 bedroom semi detached houses in pitsmoor for around 60k.

i bought house on burngreave road and although the area still has a reputation I am happy walking sround at any time of day or night, the people are friendly, its well lit, having moved from abbeydale where things seem to have taken a turn for the worse I am much happier and feel safer in pitsmoor and burngreave.. do it :))

Which is Burngreave road? I'm not really familiar with that side of sheffield.