Unofficial Sheffield Forum Medieval Banquet Foodie/Camp Meet ~ 19th May

I decided against the swishy sleeves because of the danger of mead knockage and spillage :D

That's a very valid point...I might have to take a couple of pegs with me!!

;)

Well, thank you Shieshfor arranging this and Shiesh +1, ruby, rad and everyone else who went and made the evening into such a success. Great spooky and candlelit atmosphere, amazing banqueting hall and just oh so, so much food. A meat lover's heaven (tho not so good for the almost-veggie who had to sit next to the poor pig's head) and left-overs to feed, well, the servants and local villagers after the lord of the manor and his wealthy guests had finished. :)

Well, thank you Shieshfor arranging this and Shiesh +1, ruby, rad and everyone else who went and made the evening into such a success. Great spooky and candlelit atmosphere, amazing banqueting hall and just oh so, so much food. A meat lover's heaven (tho not so good for the almost-veggie who had to sit next to the poor pig's head) and left-overs to feed, well, the servants and local villagers after the lord of the manor and his wealthy guests had finished. :)

It was lovely too see you again and WHAT a feast....!! :D

I can't wait to do it all again sometime!!

Thanks to all those who attended and special thanks to the hardworking staff at the Bull ith Thorn who made it such a splendid evening with such attention to detail...the quantity and quality of the feast and such a beautifully presented Medieval banqueting hall!!

:thumbsup:

A resounding yes, it was an evening to remember, and what a great venue. Soooo much food ... and so delish!

And not only the ultra helpful staff, the other customers in the pub were lovely too! The biker couple from London, she was German and he was from Tamworth, were so nice, they're going on my FB!

It's definitely going on my list of great places to take visitors to. Thanks for arranging it all Shiesh, it was inspired! x

It was lovely too see you again and WHAT a feast....!! :D

I can't wait to do it all again sometime!!

Thanks to all those who attended and special thanks to the hardworking staff at the Bull ith Thorn who made it such a splendid evening with such attention to detail...the quantity and quality of the feast and such a beautifully presented Medieval banqueting hall!!

:thumbsup:

When's the next one Shiesh?

I think it'll be a while, at least as a private function.

It was a great evening and we had a good time, but it was hard work trying to get enough people to come along.

I think it'll be a while, at least as a private function.

It was a great evening and we had a good time, but it was hard work trying to get enough people to come along.

Tell me about it - we would have come but we were in Bridlington

Gimmie a date that's good for you and we'll run it again...!!

:D

And Ruby the biker couple were lovely...i must add them too...maybe they'll banquet with us next time!!

:)

Lovely to see you all - such a laugh!