Your favourite Greek destination?

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are looking to plan a week's holiday in June on one of the Greek islands - we've been to Thassos and Kefalonia before and really enjoyed both but are looking for somewhere new to try that's traditional but fairly lively (not Malia lively though!)

We have been considering Santorini but it looks to be considerably more pricey than other destinations - perhaps we haven't found the right deal, though.

Where's your favourite Greek destination and why? Tips and advice greatly appreciated!

I particularly like Tsilivi on Zante, not too rowdy but still plenty to do. The only Greek place I wasn't fond of was Mykonos, full of poseurs and hence, expensive.

I have been to Rhodes and thought that was a lovely island for a holiday.

Rhodes is lovely can make the holiday how you want, there are quiet places and lively ones, the village of Afandou is a 20 min walk to the beach and a really friendly village. You can get a bus to Faliraki that takes about 10 minutes if you want a lively night out occasionally and not every night.

Crete was OK, plenty to do there, it's the biggest Greek Island.