Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

I used to but he deserted me when i needed him the most, left me alone to deal with something that i was emotionally,physically or spiritually prepared to deal with...

The scars are still present :(

God loves everyone.....my Ar8e!

I voted not sure because I don't feel the case has been proved either way. Something I do consider is that the Bible stories could be social stories written by people to keep thier society acting in acceptable ways. Or they are trying to unexplain the unexplicable. The same could be said of other religious books but I know very little about their contents so don't like to comment.

When finding out something new in life, to simply ask oneself, "What is giod's role in all this?" will ultimately lead you to the conclusion he doesn't exist.

We are the stuff of stars. We're a way for the Universe to know itself.

As George Carlin said, "Worship the sun." It will be there every day like clockwork, giving you life, lighting up the dark and keeping you warm.

There is absolutely No. Possible. Way that a being conforming to any of the current religions exists. Based on historical evidence, it's reasonable to assume that gods are a strictly man-made concept and while there may be some unfathomable and inneffable force out there, it most certainly cannot be pigeon-holed into any of the Earthly religions.

Do you believe in God?

If not, why not. If you do, why do you?

And please, lets keep this respectful to others

There is no evidence, has anyone met him or met someone who has ?.:evil:

There is no evidence, has anyone met him or met someone who has ?.:evil:

The Pope? ...

The Pope? ...

That's Skari. :D

That's Skari. :D

Well, it's probably some kind of demon, anyway...

Not wanting to divert the conversation, but isn't it interesting how no one will bat an eyelid if I call the Pope a demon, but were I to even suggest the merest possibility that another "popular" current religion's leaders were comprised of the diabolic, then there'd be hell to pay.

Clearly, Catholicism has had its day.

Or something!

Well, it's probably some kind of demon, anyway...

Not wanting to divert the conversation, but isn't it interesting how no one will bat an eyelid if I call the Pope a demon, but were I to even suggest the merest possibility that another "popular" current religion's leaders were comprised of the diabolic, then there'd be hell to pay.

Clearly, Catholicism has had its day.

Or something!

The Catholic Church should spend more time preaching to its priests rather than its congregations.

Yes, indeed.

-Though the word 'God' could be used to describe a number of beliefs.

We are built to have a belief in something greater than ourselves, and an emptiness without it. It is something common to all humaniity, no matter where in the world they live, or in what culture. We all seek meaning, a purpose, a point to it all.

We need to nourish the soul. If we leave it to starve we become diminished, not fully rounded or complete somehow.

I believe this is nothing to do with religion or attending church, (though some might find that satisfying,) but a personal journey.

Very sensible post.

Many mix up a belief in God with relgions.

If it is the God of the Abrahamic faiths not necessarily.

On two occasions in Genesis he strikes people down just for displeasing him (actually on one of those occasions it doesn't even give the excuse that they displeased him, it merely says he striked him down), and in Exodus Pharaoh was going to let the Israelites go on more than one occasion and God 'hardened his heart' so that he didn't, thus causing much more suffering including the death of each first born son.

Indeed God works in mysterious ways.

By the way, before I get lynched for not providing chapter and verse, I'm not sure of them from the top of my head, you'll just have to read Genesis and Exodus if you want them.

Grahame you're back:help: