Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

How can one believe that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of god, if you believe there is no god?

*sighs*

Atheism does NOT mean that you believe there is NO God.

Edited by RootsBooster
typo

*sighs*

Does Satan exist?

Bet your husband has then.

That voice in your head you choose to refer to as god - it's batting 0 from 2 for me so far..

He can refer to himself how he likes, but if he lacks a belief in the existence of God, he is an atheist, he can also be agnostic, but he can't just be agnostic.

He ought to know himself what he is? I'm not sure he does now after the latest statement he appears to made saying he was a sceptic.

I remember very well ( about two years ago) speaking on the radio.He said that he wasn't as dismissive as he used to be.

Also in the Tv programme he appeared to accept the likelihood that Luke's gospels were written around 40 years after the death of Jesus and that it was possible that eye-witness accounts had been given to him.

That voice in your head you choose to refer to as god - it's batting 0 from 2 for me so far..

:hihi::hihi: too true matey,it's far better than being sane like all the nice folk on here.

My brother in law drove Deltics,i always had a soft spot for steam.

He ought to know himself what he is? I'm not sure he does now after the latest statement he appears to made saying he was a sceptic.

I remember very well ( about two years ago) speaking on the radio.He said that he wasn't as dismissive as he used to be.

Also in the Tv programme he appeared to accept the likelihood that Luke's gospels were written around 40 years after the death of Jesus and that it was possible that eye-witness accounts had been given to him.

They get het up in these parts don't they Janie,i've had a brill couple of hours and fully intend looking out for these fun guys soon.

*sighs*

What's the difference in believing there is NO God and

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2][3] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[3][4][5] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[6][7] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[
?

Here's the link so you can put them right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

They get het up in these parts don't they Janie,i've had a brill couple of hours and fully intend looking out for these fun guys soon.

I'm sure they will enjoy your company.:hihi:

Not know if god exists, means you lack the belief that God exists, therefore you are an atheist as well as an agnostic.

Agnostic means you believe it is unknowable, therefore cannot be theist or atheist, surely?

What's the difference in believing there is NO God and

?

Here's the link so you can put them right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Whats to put right, the quote is correct.

atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.

If you don't have a belief that God exists you are an atheist, if you don’t know if God exists then you don’t have a belief that God exist.