Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Janie, as a further response to one of your previous posts where you asked why would anyone make up a story about God and Jesus, have you ever seen the film "The invention of lying" ?

It all begins with a similar scene to that which JtotheC touched on, toward the end of his/her post.

Janie, as a further response to one of your previous posts where you asked why would anyone make up a story about God and Jesus, have you ever seen the film "The invention of lying" ?

It all begins with a similar scene to that which JtotheC touched on, toward the end of his/her post.

His .. no woman would use such a bad username.

Mr Smith.

If there was a prize to give for being the best atheist,no one would deserve it more then you.

For sheer persistence and determination,more then anything.;)

Thank you Janie, I saw the light many years ago and thought it was my duty to spread the word. :)

What do politicians and theists have in common? Neither will give you a straight answer. :D

Thank you Janie, I saw the light many years ago and thought it was my duty to spread the word. :)

What do politicians and theists have in common? Neither will give you a straight answer. :D

Spread what word? That you don't believe in God?

Well my mother was quite religious,so she certainly had an influence,but i didn't have it rammed down my throat, I didn't think about it much for several years.and in more recent years it started to a have a deeper meaning.Hasn't really changed me much though, i'm still waiting for a miracle.:hihi:

OK a test to see if you are brainwashed or not, can you go a full day without saying "Thank God" automatically, try "Thank goodness" instead, you'll notice how many sayings you use to reinforce religion, and to think you're not brainwashed from a very very early age... You don't even realise...

Spread what word? That you don't believe in God?

That God exists within the mind of each believer.:)

I don't recall seeing that film? If i had, and it had been a good film i would have remembered it.

Maybe i'll look out for it.If you recommend it must be good??

Edited by janie48
added comment

Some people believe they've led a past life and been reincarnated many times with as much strength as your uncle believed he saw an afterlife. Which is true?

The question was do you believe and why. I replied to it. I don't want to change anybody's belief. Maybe once will come time when the people will start to believe. It would be their choice.

If God created everything, then why did he take so long to get from dinasaurs to get to humans. What had he been doing for millions of years, taking a sabaticle ?.

If God created everything, then why did he take so long to get from dinasaurs to get to humans. What had he been doing for millions of years, taking a sabaticle ?.

Didn't you know? The world is only 6000 years old! Sheesh.

jb

Unfortunatley it was the 667th post, but the 666th reply to the orginal post :help:

What are you talking about Willis? :roll::roll:

Mr Smith.

If there was a prize to give for being the best atheist,no one would deserve it more then you.

For sheer persistence and determination,more then anything.;)

I'm gutted now Janie I wanted that award:hihi::hihi::hihi: