"Not gay! Post-gay, ex-gay and proud. Get over it!"

Things that don't function normally/properly, whether it's a broken radio or a man who things he's a bicycle, are dysfunctional. I'm afraid you'll have to live with that bit of reality.

Since homosexual behavior has been observed in around 1,500 species I think you're notion of "normal" stems more from your ignorance rather than anything evident in nature or reality.

You can fear what you will, I for one have no fear of somebody's sexual function, so it's pointless implying that I have a phobia of homosexuals, I just think it would be a better world if people were all heterosexual.

Less people would have been bullied or killed because of their homosexual condition, and less people would have died of AIDS. Is that such a bad concept?

I'm looking forward to the cure for non-blond hair and non-blue eyes

I'm looking forward to the cure for non-blond hair and non-blue eyes

Maybe the cure will be making you desire all women and not just the blonde hair blue eyes women?

People or other animals being born with extra limbs occurs across many species, but if I had 3 legs I would not be normal.

Touche spinny.

You're claiming homosexuality is as prevalent as people with 3 legs?

Can't fault logic of that calibre!

Maybe the cure will be making you desire all women and not just the blonde hair blue eyes women?

Or maybe the cure will make those two sets of people one and the same?

Perhaps such therapy could be a good thing if there's a chance it would lead to a cure?

:hihi::hihi:

There is no "cure" for being gay.

And no, I am not, yes I do watch pro wrestling but that means nothing.

:hihi::hihi: quality

Things that don't function normally/properly, whether it's a broken radio or a man who things he's a bicycle, are dysfunctional. I'm afraid you'll have to live with that bit of reality.

So gay people aren't functioning properly? Nothing wrong with my functioning.

Being black is no more dysfunctional than having blue or brown eyes, so of course not.

And of course being gay is no more dysfunctional than being black so your argument holds no water.

For christs sake grow up Halibut.

Are you like this at home?

Do you not agree with what I said ?

Do you believe homosexuality is dysfunctional as does Conrod?

Nor every country is as liberal in ours - a cure would allow homosexuals in other countries to avoid at best stigmatisation and at worse lethal persecution.

That's the best non-sequitur I've ever read. Astounding. :)

Not every country is as liberal as ours. A sex change would allow women in other countries to avoid at best stigmatisation and at worst lethal prosecution.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

Perhaps such therapy could be a good thing if there's a chance it would lead to a cure?
You can only cure something if there's a problem to be cured in the first place.

I've seen no evidence that homosexuals have such a problem that needs curing.

Now homophobic bigots, I reckon they have a problem.

Not that I'm implying Conrod falls into this category in any way.

Homophobic bigots have so much of a problem that they can't leave the issue alone, in fact you could almost say it's an obsession and possibly even class this inability to just accept homosexuality as just another normal everyday part of human life, as a mental illness.

I wouldn't know as I'm not a psychiatrist, but from my cursory reading homophobic bigotry could be argued to be a form of OCD.

An obsession is an unwanted, unpleasant thought, image or urge that repeatedly enters a person’s mind and results in anxiety. A compulsion is a repetitive behaviour or mental act that a person feels compelled to perform to try to avert or undo the effect of the obsession.

I would suggest that homophobic bigots are in need of a cure as they would appear to have a fairly major problem.

It must be incredibly stressful, and stress can cause people to die and has even been found to kill brain cells in rats.

The ability to tolerate other people regardless of their differences would surely benefit them wouldn't it.

They wouldn't endlessly fret about bumping into homosexuals in the course of their day, or worry about seeing a news article they didn't like about homosexuals.

Their blood pressure wouldn't go up and their hearts wouldn't race thereby extending their lives, stress hormones would not poison their bloodstream, their brain cells wouldn't die as quickly thereby increasing their intelligence and ability to enjoy life.

All it takes is a cure for bigotry and intolerance and these people can live happy and productive lives.

So please any bigots out there that are reading this, seek medical help and hopefully a cure for your affliction.