"Not gay! Post-gay, ex-gay and proud. Get over it!"

There is no "cure" for being gay..

There is. Its called suicide.

Are you suggesting that Gay people kill themselves or that many Gay people feel driven to suicide by others' attitudes? I sincerely hope it is the latter.

I hear there's a similar cure for intolerance

No problem with gay people, but if gay is normal 'per se', why do so many feel the need to stand under the LGBT umbrella and not the 'normal' one like the rest of us :huh:

Would a cure not be a good thing? I'm not saying anything negative about homosexuals, but surely they would benefit from the chance to be heterosexual?

Being gay isn't a disease. Only diseases require a cure. I think you're trying to hide something....

Oh Lord seriously?. Why should any human gay or not be forced to take their own life?. Life is precious for everyone whether gay/ straight/ Bi.

You can only cure something if there's a problem to be cured in the first place.

I've seen no evidence that homosexuals have such a problem that needs curing.

Now homophobic bigots, I reckon they have a problem.

Not that I'm implying Conrod falls into this category in any way.

Homophobic bigots have so much of a problem that they can't leave the issue alone, in fact you could almost say it's an obsession and possibly even class this inability to just accept homosexuality as just another normal everyday part of human life, as a mental illness.

Bravo!!!!!!!

I wouldn't know as I'm not a psychiatrist, but from my cursory reading homophobic bigotry could be argued to be a form of OCD.

I would suggest that homophobic bigots are in need of a cure as they would appear to have a fairly major problem.

It must be incredibly stressful, and stress can cause people to die and has even been found to kill brain cells in rats.

The ability to tolerate other people regardless of their differences would surely benefit them wouldn't it.

They wouldn't endlessly fret about bumping into homosexuals in the course of their day, or worry about seeing a news article they didn't like about homosexuals.

Their blood pressure wouldn't go up and their hearts wouldn't race thereby extending their lives, stress hormones would not poison their bloodstream, their brain cells wouldn't die as quickly thereby increasing their intelligence and ability to enjoy life.

All it takes is a cure for bigotry and intolerance and these people can live happy and productive lives.

So please any bigots out there that are reading this, seek medical help and hopefully a cure for your affliction.

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!

if gay is normal 'per se', why do so many feel the need to stand under the LGBT umbrella and not the 'normal' one like the rest of us :huh:

What umbrella?

I don't even understand this question if you mean a metaphorical umbrella. 'Why do gay people identify themselves as gay?' Can I guess the answer to be ... because they are gay.

Could the meaning of the slogan be that a person living an homosexual life realised they were really hetrosexual.

The same as a person living an hetrosexual life realise they were really homosexual.

No problem with gay people, but if gay is normal 'per se', why do so many feel the need to stand under the LGBT umbrella and not the 'normal' one like the rest of us :huh:

Probably because there are still a lot of "the rest of us" who don't see being gay as normal and would probably keel over in horror if they had to share the "normal" umbrella, in case they caught the gay!!!

No problem with any one being gay...but

My closest friend is gay..but

Gays? Hey live and let live huh..but

Bigots and homophobes are so visual you couldn't see them any better if you threw petrol on them a lobbed a match.

Charlie Brooker on homophobes in the Guardian yesterday:

It must be awful, being a homophobe. Having to spend all that time obsessing about what gay people might be doing with their genitals. Seeing it in your mind, over and over again, in high-definition close-up. Bravely you masturbate, to make the pictures go away, but to no avail. They're seared onto your mental membranes. Every time you close your eyes, an imaginary gay man's imaginary penis rises from the murk, bowing ominously in your direction, sensing your discomfort. Laughing. Mocking. Possibly even winking. How dare they, this man and his penis? How dare they do this to you?

Obviously you can't fight the big gay penis in your head. It has no physical form, so you can't get a grip on it, much as you'd like to. You'd love to grab it and throttle it until it splutters its last. That might bring you closure. But no. So you do the next best thing. You condemn homosexuals in the real world. Maybe if they could just stop all this "being gay" business for 10 minutes, you'd get some respite from that scary headcock. It might shrivel away completely, leaving nothing behind. Except maybe a nice bit of bum.