Neighbour painted my fences and concrete posts!!

Hi

Anybody knows maybe if neighbour have the right to paint my fences and concrete posts on his side of property?>

Fences are erected on my property and I have paid for it.

Their paint has splashed on my side of concrete posts and concrete panels under fences and it doesnt look nice.

I wouldnt mind if they ask me and if they would have painted on the same colour as I have( red) not green!

Any suggestions?

Worse things happen at sea.

I wouldnt worry. At least they painted it and so saved you the job.

Hi

Anybody knows maybe if neighbour have the right to paint my fences and concrete posts on his side of property?>

Fences are erected on my property and I have paid for it.

Their paint has splashed on my side of concrete posts and concrete panels under fences and it doesnt look nice.

I wouldnt mind if they ask me and if they would have painted on the same colour as I have( red) not green!

Any suggestions?

hope you said thank you:hihi:

Ha yes you are right at some point, but what if in the future I want to replace fences and post and sell it? who will buy two coloured fences and even worst- posts!

Fences as supports: Can I hang things on my neighbour's fence?

Fences as supports: Can I use my neighbour's fence as a support for my own plants?

Fences, appearance of: Can I paint my side of my neighbour's fence?

Only if your neighbour gives you permission to do so.

Leaning things against your neighbour's fence, hanging things on your neighbour's fence, even using your neighbour's fence as a makeshift retaining wall, will place a much heavier burden on the fence panels and supporting posts than they were designed to bear. The consequences of such actions are easy enough to predict and you will be liable for the cost of any repairs. On top of that you will still have to do, and pay for, the work that you did incorrectly and which resulted in the damage to your neighbour's fence.

In short, anything you do to your neighbour's fence without your neighbour's permission

- including staining, painting or applying preservative to your side of your neighbour's fence -

amounts to criminal damage.

Fences, appearance of: What can I do about the unsightliness of my neighbour's fence?

Unless your neighbour agrees, you cannot:

paint, stain or varnish your neighbour's fence to make it a more attractive colour;

affix close boards or panels to your face of the fence in order to conceal the support rails;

attach trellis or some other system to support plants that you wish to grow up your side of your neighbour's fence.

What you can do is:

plant free standing shrubs or a hedge to conceal the fence from your view;

erect your own fence alongside your neighbour's fence.

(http://www.boundary-problems.co.uk/boundary-problems/fences.html)

By the looks of that and a few other websites they can't paint it if it's on your property, but on another website it said if it's on the boundary line then they can.

It is a bit of a dodgy thing for them to do though, surely they should have asked.

Personally, I'd paint it green with red spots on their side now and then tell them not to touch it.

Fences as supports: Can I hang things on my neighbour's fence?

Fences as supports: Can I use my neighbour's fence as a support for my own plants?

Fences, appearance of: Can I paint my side of my neighbour's fence?

Only if your neighbour gives you permission to do so.

Leaning things against your neighbour's fence, hanging things on your neighbour's fence, even using your neighbour's fence as a makeshift retaining wall, will place a much heavier burden on the fence panels and supporting posts than they were designed to bear. The consequences of such actions are easy enough to predict and you will be liable for the cost of any repairs. On top of that you will still have to do, and pay for, the work that you did incorrectly and which resulted in the damage to your neighbour's fence.

In short, anything you do to your neighbour's fence without your neighbour's permission

- including staining, painting or applying preservative to your side of your neighbour's fence -

amounts to criminal damage.

Fences, appearance of: What can I do about the unsightliness of my neighbour's fence?

Unless your neighbour agrees, you cannot:

paint, stain or varnish your neighbour's fence to make it a more attractive colour;

affix close boards or panels to your face of the fence in order to conceal the support rails;

attach trellis or some other system to support plants that you wish to grow up your side of your neighbour's fence.

What you can do is:

plant free standing shrubs or a hedge to conceal the fence from your view;

erect your own fence alongside your neighbour's fence.

(http://www.boundary-problems.co.uk/boundary-problems/fences.html)

By the looks of that and a few other websites they can't paint it if it's on your property, but on another website it said if it's on the boundary line then they can.

It is a bit of a dodgy thing for them to do though, surely they should have asked.

Personally, I'd paint it green with red spots on their side now and then tell them not to touch it.

calm down dear its only a fence.paint a bit of green paint on the ops side job done.

Ha yes you are right at some point, but what if in the future I want to replace fences and post and sell it? who will buy two coloured fences and even worst- posts!

You can use a pressure washer to get the paint off.

calm down dear its only a fence.paint a bit of green paint on the ops side job done.

It's a bit different when they've also painted the concrete posts. They were obviously being funny by doing it.

I'd never paint the next door neighbours fence, I wouldn't even ask. If I really disliked it I'd put up my own fence next to it.

LIKE :thumbsup::hihi:

Personally, I'd first make sure it's on your side of the boundary line, then have a word with them, tell them they're not allowed to do this BUT if they sort out the splashing on the other 3 faces (ie, sand it down and restain), they can keep their side painted. Also I'd have them wire-brush the paint off the concrete posts.

and so saved you the job.

dammit i was gonna say that lol

The another thing is that they painted only my fences and posts(left side of their house) and left "alone" other neighbour fences and posts as they are on the right side.

I know I can paint fences again on my preffered colour but what with posts?

How the boundary line is defined?