Road Rage Incident - Objective advice wanted

Although to be fair to Stomp...

Although, to be fair to rational discussion, when do we EVER accept one side of the story as fact?

This singular point seems to have been comprehensively ignored in this thread.

:shocked:

I don't remember claiming to be perfect. I am incapable of such arrogance.

On here you dont have to be anything.

The only requirement is that you agree with Halibut, Conrod and melthebel.

If you do that life is sound.

Step outside those parameters and you might as well give up.

They all seem to be idlers and have all day to slag you off.

While you are out earning their dole money.

The answer, I think, for folks who get (rightly) indignant following someone else's bad driving, is to fit cameras to their car, which will provide all the evidence necessary to support their complaint to the Police, and all the evidence necessary for the Police to take action. These are cheap enough now, and allow you to keep calm and carry on, knowing that nothing needs to be done until you get home, nice and safely. Chill... :bigsmile:

Although, to be fair to rational discussion, when do we EVER accept one side of the story as fact?

This singular point seems to have been comprehensively ignored in this thread. :shocked:

Aww,when did we start having to be rational on here? Hypothetical biker/criminal damage ... quite enough evidence for me! :)

Hypothetical biker/criminal damage ... quite enough evidence for me! :)

I made the whole thing up. None of it actually occurred.

I made the whole thing up. None of it actually occurred.
lol, thread not gone quite the way you envisaged at the start, eh? :D

The answer, I think, for folks who get (rightly) indignant following someone else's bad driving, is to fit cameras to their car, which will provide all the evidence necessary to support their complaint to the Police, and all the evidence necessary for the Police to take action. These are cheap enough now, and allow you to keep calm and carry on, knowing that nothing needs to be done until you get home, nice and safely. Chill... :bigsmile:

I think, to be honest, we have enough grassing up these days, far too much.

We need to be more tolerant of each other.

Earlier today I was in a two hour meeting about this.

On the original subject, if that biker was stupid enough to be riding like that, he should, if traced, have his licence revoked.

lol, thread not gone quite the way you envisaged at the start, eh? :D

This is SF, so I didn't think I'd get what I actually asked for. Maybe I should start a thread on motorcycles in general, and how they are the scourge/angels* of the road, and how they can do now wrong/are always at fault*?

*delete as appropriate then attack those of an opposing viewpoint

I think, to be honest, we have enough grassing up these days, far too much.

We need to be more tolerant of each other.

Earlier today I was in a two hour meeting about this.

On the original subject, if that biker was stupid enough to be riding like that, he should, if traced, have his licence revoked.

Yes, of course. We should allow people to drive as they themselves see fit. All this speed limit and drink driving limit nonsense is too much for the rational person to take. Why, even if a child is knocked down, we should be more tolerant and allow the driver to speed off unimpeded. It's up to him whether he gets caught or not; it's not up to passers-by like you and me to snitch. God's speed driver, and if you hit another kid, it's the Police's fault for chasing you. What right do they or we have? Tolerance people - we need more of it, just as Balpin suggests.

Alternatively...

Just to add...

One advantage of the video system is that when one gets home to view the event, one will have probably calmed down, if indeed one became roused in the first place, and therefore one would be more able to consider events objectively. Only if it really did look like a serious act of pathological driving would one bother to report it. I bet this would actually reduce the number of complains to the Police. However, my theory is untested...

This is SF, so I didn't think I'd get what I actually asked for. Maybe I should start a thread on motorcycles in general, and how they are the scourge/angels* of the road, and how they can do now wrong/are always at fault*?

*delete as appropriate then attack those of an opposing viewpoint

I would recommend you do that as they are a bleeding niucance.

Push bikes espescially, but the suicidal ones on the motorway are the worst of all, dead men biking as it were.

Really. Im not a motorcyclist so I have no idea how to drive one. All I know is that he saluted me, and bashed my mirror. If that involved "letting go of the throttle, at high speed" then yeah, I guess he did.

Lane 3 was clear. Which is obviously why I was able to have cruise control on. Lane 2 had vehciles in it which I was overtaking at a reasonable speed.

Yeah, I shouldn't have responded. The Police weren't interested in my speed, and they never asked. If they did I would have said that my CC was set at 80.

See previous answer.

Thanks for that. Maybe you were the motocyclist in question? My call actually went rather like this:

"........<background noise>..........HELLO!?? Fire Police or Ambulace?"

"Police"

"Police emergency?"

"Hello. Ive just had an altercation with a motorcyclist who has collided or punched my wing mirror on the M1 northbound"

"Is the motorcyclist injured?"

"No. He's riding off"

"Ok, has he collided with your vehicle, or just damaged it?"

"Erm. I think he just punched the wing mirror"

"Ok. Well do you have his reg?"

"I've got a partial reg"

"Im afraid that's no good. If you have got a full registration we can stop and speak to the person involved. Without that sir, im afraid there isnt much we can do. He has committed an offence but there is little chance of tracking him down."

"Ok. thanks bye".

Thank you for all the snotty "I drive better than you" responses. Please would you be so kind as to publish your driving qualifications? I suspect most of you have none.

Mine:

IAM Certified Advanced Driver & Observer

RoSPA Gold

I should have known better than to respond to the cyclists aggression, that much is clear.

Did you expect anything else from the perfectionists of Sheffield Forum who never speed and to whom speeding is worse than child abuse?