Tabby cat found foxhill!!

lubylou12

hey guys, posting this for my mum, she recently moved to the grimsell area of foxhill, the lady who she swapped with told her there was a cat that always slept in her garden.....we saw it for a few days then my mums own cats chased it away. it went for about a week but now its back and wont leave, it cries at the door day and night, it sleeps under the bush in the back garden and as soon as my mum gets up, its at the door or window crying to get in. we have been hoping it will go home, if it has one, but its persistent and then this morning she went outside and heard one of her new neighbours complaining about the cat outside crying all the time, they think its hers, as she has 3 cats of her own she cant take it in, and she does not want the neighbours saying things about her, its a new house and she wants a new start :(

the cat itself is a lovely friendly tabby with cream rims around its eyes, its male and look un neutered. no coller, its seem no home or it thinks my mums house his for some reason, he has gotten in a few times when she opened the door and ate her cats food, she started leaving it a bit of food out as it must be starving after all this time. its deffo not going home, as she can hear it crying at 1am 2am and so on. she cant even let her own cats outside now as its not pretty, and fights start.

at first it was ok, but now causing problems for her, cant let cats out, neighbours complaining etc.....

does anyone have a cat missing like this in the foxhill or surrounding areas?

if not what can my mum do about it, will a home come and take it?

Hi Luby..First try to find an owner, although judging by his behaviour it sounds like the little fella is either stray, homeless or abandoned. If you pop him to a local vet they can scan him for a microchip. (However..chances are if he's not neutered he's not chipped either) If you can put a collar on him & with one of those little tube address holders & leave a note inside with a contact tel number asking if he does have an owner for them to let you know. Ask around locally. In the meantime start ringing ALL the cat rescues you can. Get him on the waiting lists for admission asap. You'll probably get no help from RSPCA who tend not to offer help to strays/homeless. Try Sheffield Cats Shelter, Cats Protection & Thornberry. In the meantime, is Mum ok to feed him? Can she give him a shelter of some sort to stay warm & dry? Old shed or a box maybe?

Good luck.

hey hun, i cant do any of this but ill relay it all to my mum, ill ring all the shelters for her as she does not yet have a phone of internet with just moving........

i was really hoping someone on here was missing him, fingers crossed

i think she will feed him yes, she left it for a while as she did not want him to think he could stay, but i know after a while she knew she had to feed him something, i went up today and he wolfed a massive dish of wet and dry food. i know she said she felt terrible the other night as it was raining and she could here him crying outside, but she cant let him in, her 3 cats go crazy and if she did she would have to lock them all in a room each and its not fair on her cats to do that......... she can pop a box outside, she has plenty from the move, but it wont do much good in the rain

Aw, can anyone foster this cat until a place in rescue comes up. If he's friendly maybe Sheffield Cats Shelter will put him on their waiting list, he sounds nice and rehomeable.

i was hoping so, my mum really cant her male cat is very aggressive to it when he gets out, and my males would not be happy either.......other wise i would, and with me being out at college most days then it would not be fair really.....so if anyone wants to foster and i will call all the shelters tomorrow and put it on the waiting list and if the owner comes forward even better

Your mum's cats are aggressive because he isn't neutered and they see him as a threat to their territory. I'll contact some of the cat rescues to see if we can at least arrange to get him neutered, that way he won't be attacked left, right and centre. I could pick him up and take him for neutering, but if there isn't a foster home for him I would have to re-release him back to where we found him. I have a houseful of males and had massive problems when I got my last one, so daren't risk introducing another. If you get him on the waiting list at some of the rescues hopefully they will be able to take him soon.

Try Maureen's Cat Rescue in Penistone too:

http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk/

Magsie and Smudge

I can take him in but not for too long (building work commencing on the house in a couple of months ish), the only thing is, I have decided I won't do this unless I'm fostering for a rescue because I can't afford to treat for any problems. He's likely going to need flea treatment, worming and of course, neutering.

If there's a rescue who'll cover this and they just need somewhere for him to stay, I'll take him but I have dogs and he'll have to either get on with them or stay out of the way...

Thanks Lotti. I also have another offer of a foster home, but they can only take him once he is neutered and if there is rescue cover for any medical problems. I will chase round to try to get a neutering voucher, then we hopefully have 2 potential offers of a temporary home if a rescue is willing to help out with the rest