Ched Evans court trial.

The very same thing that justifies MacDonald justifies Evans - she said yes.

Or, it doesn't, because she was too drunk to remember and therefore incapable of giving consent. But it absolutely cannot be valid for one and not the other.

I think you are massively arrogantly wrong.

Obviously something she did or said to Macdonald along their journey was interpreted by MacDonald, AND all the jury, to be consentual. Or more to the point, it wasn't beyond doubt that she clearly didn't consent, or he didn't act consensually, therefore he couldn't be found guilty.

Whether she remebers it or not.

Therefore he was found not guilty by 12 people who heard the whole of the evidence, and had the law explained to them in great detail.

Evans joining them in the room (at his own admittal without an invitation from the girl) and joining in the sex (without an invitation from the girl) was taking advantage of her, and was (the jury found), beyond doubt, not consentual.

You seem to want to make it very black and white - either she did consent for both or she didn't. In your opinion if she consented hours before to MacDonald, got more intoxicated, and went to the room with him, whether she remembers it or not, then this give Evans consent to do as he wishes when he turns up. :loopy:

Edited by F. Sidebottom

It isn't against the law to watch and see a crime committed.

Nice morals mate...

For me, I accept the juries decision.

He is guilty. As far as I can see, there is no reason for appeal and he should serve his time.

I hope he never plays football again, because he has ruined a privileged job.

Just saying, that juries in the past have convicted people who are actually innocent.

They've also acquitted a lot of guilty people.

I keep seeing this sentiment cropping up and for the life of me can't understand the logic.

The injured party is NOT his job, SUFC or the expectations of the 'fans'.

The injured party is the VICTIM.

If he does not admit his guilt and express some remorse for what he did they he will serve much more than the minimum two and a half years.

If he does not admit his guilt and express some remorse for what he did they he will serve much more than the minimum two and a half years.

I hope he serves his full whack, it should be more. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the culture of these big time charlies with the brains and morals of Bonobo Chimps is akin to ancient Rome. Anything goes because of their status and wealth.

Cant ever remember.. Conner and Evans being team mates, they are employed by the same club, anyway the Kid has been stupid , ranting while in a state of suprise and shock.

How ever THE KIDS IN THE WRONG.

I keep seeing this sentiment cropping up and for the life of me can't understand the logic.

The injured party is NOT his job, SUFC or the expectations of the 'fans'.

The injured party is the VICTIM.

But that was not what was meant.

He was in a priveliged position because of particular skill. He will not be able use that skill because of what he has done. That is a loss, but in the whole scheme of things it is not important, and nobody has said it was.

There are lots of injured parties, including Evans' family and Evans himself, all caused by Evans' actions. Nobody else is to blame for his actions.

The main injury was to the victim, but that doesn't mean that she was the only one to suffer.

There are no winners, only varying degrees of loss.

But that was not what was meant.

He was in a priveliged position because of particular skill. He will not be able use that skill because of what he has done. That is a loss, but in the whole scheme of things it is not important, and nobody has said it was.

There are lots of injured parties, including Evans' family and Evans himself, all caused by Evans' actions. Nobody else is to blame for his actions.

The main injury was to the victim, but that doesn't mean that she was the only one to suffer.

There are no winners, only varying degrees of loss.

Ahhh yes I see now, thank you for that beacon of wisdom.

Bless Ched. :rolleyes:

Cheds actions are a disgrace even if he appeals and has the verdict over turned, what the hell was he thinking. He should never play for us again.

Cheds actions are a disgrace even if he appeals and has the verdict over turned, what the hell was he thinking. He should never play for us again.

Something you will never have to worry about, Now it's time for the other players to step up and prove you can go up without his goals