Ched Evans court trial.

They always maintained their innocence.

But in his case, he freely admitted it . Seems he got so little respect for others that he didn't even realise what he was doing. That is, raping someone.

And from what a lot of others are saying, they don't know the difference either. Default response seems to be blame the victim.

he never admitted rape maintained it was consensual as did his friend who corroborated this

I just find it a strange decision and find it hard to understand how a jury could convict on the evidence presented,

I just find it a strange decision and find it hard to understand how a jury could convict on the evidence presented,

Unless you were in court everyday you haven't heard the evidence presented.

Guest sibon

As you don't know what the evidence was, I can't see how you can come to that conclusion.

My views have been aired, found guilty so we move on, a horrible crime with many victims.

But i have meet many people over the weekend from all across the country, some football fans, many not.

The general opinion of many was there was reasonable doubt in this case ! so far this thread has been Sheffielders commenting on a topic that has hit the area hard, but outsiders have also taken note of the case.

And seen to have a more open view than myself !

he never admitted rape maintained it was consensual as did his friend who corroborated this
That's what I said, he freely admitted having sex with a random girl off the street. They both thought it was ok to have sex with a drunk girl who was out of it and didn't know what was going on.

They both deserved to go down, imo. Probably the only reason the other man is still walking the streets is that the jury couldn't justify a verdict due to unsufficient evidence. But it's all speculation as we didn't hear all the evidence.

None of them come out of it looking good anyways. You wouldn't want to be shaking their hands and calling them your mate, would you.

My views have been aired, found guilty so we move on, a horrible crime with many victims.

But i have meet many people over the weekend from all across the country, some football fans, many not.

The general opinion of many was there was reasonable doubt in this case ! so far this thread has been Sheffielders commenting on a topic that has hit the area hard, but outsiders have also taken note of the case.

And seen to have a more open view than myself !

And they were all sat in the public gallery everyday of course.

That's what I said, he freely admitted having sex with a random girl off the street. They both thought it was ok to have sex with a drunk girl who was out of it and didn't know what was going on.

They both deserved to go down, imo. Probably the only reason the other man is still walking the streets is that the jury couldn't justify a verdict due to unsufficient evidence. But it's all speculation as we didn't hear all the evidence.

None of them come out of it looking good anyways. You wouldn't want to be shaking their hands and calling them your mate, would you.

in her opinion not in theirs, its her what approached mcdonald not the other way round and got in a taxi with him saying she was going to the hotel, she walked in arm in arm they didnt carry her in unconscious.

As you don't know what the evidence was, I can't see how you can come to that conclusion.

The great thing about living in the UK is the freedom to have our opinions, another thing is our belief in our justice system although we may not agree with it all the time, that brings us back to our freedom of speech.....I personally have an opinion on the verdict in this case but in the meantime will keep my gob shut and rely on the laws of this great country to protect us all.....The conclusion I come to in all honesty not as an Owl or a Blade is .... Ched Evans at the moment it is done and dusted lets move on.......Many people have raised this subject in company today and my reply has been,,,,,changd the subject......

As said earlier best thing if you have nothing constructive to add is not bother at all.....You're not doing Owls any favours mate.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Edited by owl.66

The law on consent is pretty tough and I'm not totally surprised by the conviction (remember Mike Tyson).

The sentence concerns me: Ched Evans gets 5 years for what he did, but those who kidnapped a 15yo and 16yo girl, tortured and raped them for an entire weekend get only 8-11 years.

so what do we learn from this?

dont ever have sex with anyone who has had a drink for fear of being accused of something?

take out a breathalyser with you?

its a very grey area and to convict someone on the basis that she cant remember if she consented by a unanimous decision is a strange one in my opinion